Format: read online!
Posted on 2007-05-18, updated at 2007-05-27. By anonymous.
How to Install the Netbeui Protocol on a Windows XP-Based Computer
This article describes how to install the NetBEUI protocol on a Windows XP-based computer. This may be useful because the NetBEUI protocol is not included in the list of installable protocols in Windows XP even though the files that are needed to install the protocol are included with the installation CD-ROM. It is important to note that the NetBEUI protocol is not supported on Windows XP.
The Netnbf.inf and Nbf.sys files are the files that are needed to install the NetBEUI protocol. To install the NetBEUI protocol:
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
Right-click the adapter you want to add NetBEUI to, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, click Install.
Click Protocol, and then click Add.
Click Have Disk, insert your Windows XP CD-ROM, open the Valueadd\msft\net\netbeui folder, click the Netnbf.inf file, and then click Open.
Click OK, and then click OK to complete the installation.
Change Out Your Pointer Scheme
Tired of seeing your pointer as an arrow or an hourglass all the time? Windows XP offers a number of alternative pointer schemes, such as Dinosaur, Ocean and Sports.
Open the Control Panel, double-click Mouse, and select the Pointers tab. (If you start in Category view, select Appearance and Themes, then click Mouse Pointers under "See Also.") Next to Schemes, click the down arrow and select a scheme to preview its pointers. Click OK to apply the scheme to your desktop. Simple as that.
Know your rights
Windows XP comes bundled with Windows Media Player 8.0. While Media Player plays just about any digital media file format--it supports 35, including MP3, it records music only in the Windows Media Audio, or WMA, format. The reason? Content protection.
When recording, or ripping, music from CDs, Media Player allows you to make protected recordings so that no one will be able to copy the recording from one computer to another. You can turn copy protection on or off on the Copy Music tab by checking or unchecking the box that says Protect Content.
Protect your identity
Like many other audio players, Windows Media Player rushes out to the Internet to find information for you when you play a CD. Some of this information, such as song titles and album art, is useful, but Media Player also identifies your copy of Media Player to the site where it's getting data. Why? According to the help file, "The server uses this unique identifier to monitor your connection. By monitoring your connection, the server can make adjustments to increase the playback quality and to alert you about events that occur when receiving streams over the Internet."
If you're disturbed by this exchange of information, here's how to stop it. In Windows Media Player, click Tools > Options and go to the Player tab. Notice the option that says "Allow Internet sites to uniquely identify your player?" Turn it off.
Reduce Temporary Internet File Space
The temporary internet files clutter your hard drive with copies of each page visited. These can build up over time and take up disk space. Even more bothersome is that instead of getting new pages each time IE often takes the page out the temp internet files. This can be a problem if you are viewing a website that is updated all the time. If you are on a slow connection such as a 56K or lower then this can be good but if you are on a fast broadband connection, like me, then you can get away with decreasing the size of your temp internet files to just one meg without any performance decrease
Turn Off System Recovery
Right click on My Computer and choose Properties. Click on the System Restore tab and check the box Turn off System Restore. (This will increase Windows performance
- Ebooks list page : 128
- 2011-12-08Lev Alburt, "Test & Improve Your Chess"
- 2011-11-26Roman's Lab Vol. 14 - Improve Your Combinational Preparation and Tactics Skills Part 1
- 2011-08-19Roman's Lab Vol. 14 - Improve Your Combinational Preparation and Tactics Skills Part 1
- 2020-03-075 Tips To Improve Your Photo Editing In Adobe Photoshop For Landscape And Nature Photography
- 2020-02-19Microsoft Excel Your Way to a Better Job: #80 Tips to Improve Your Prospects and Get a Pay Rise (Learn Excel Visually Book 6)
- 2019-10-3150 Tips to Improve Your Art
- 2019-06-04Cricket 99 94 Tips to Improve Your Game
- 2019-04-28SkillShare 5 Tips to Improve Your Piano Practice TUTORiAL-ADSR
- 2019-04-14SkillShare 5 Tips to Improve Your Piano Practice TUTORiAL-ADSR
- 2019-04-08Skillshare 5 Tips To Improve Your Piano Practice Tutorial
- 2019-03-17SkillShare 5 Tips to Improve Your Piano Practice TUTORiAL-ADSR
- 2019-02-05SKILLSHARE - 5 Tips to Improve Your Piano Practice TUTORiAL
- 2019-01-25SkillShare 5 Tips to Improve Your Piano Practice TUTORiAL
- 2019-01-235 Tips to improve your Piano Practice
- 2018-12-295 Tips to improve your Piano Practice
- 2018-12-105 Tips to improve your Piano Practice
- 2018-11-265 Tips to improve your Piano Practice
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Microsoft Excel Your Way to a Better Job: #80 Tips to Improve Your Prospects and Get a Pay Rise (Learn Excel Visually Book 6)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Cricket: 99.94 Tips to Improve Your Game
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.