South Coast New Guinea Cultures: History, Comparison, Dialectic ( Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
Posted on 2010-06-09. By anonymous.
Publisher: University | ISBN: 0521418828 | edition 1993 | PDF | 316 pages | 5,5 mb
South coast New Guinea has long been a focus of ethnographic attention, with its varied cultures, its reputation for flamboyant sexual practices, and its traditions of headhunting. Dr. Knauft examines previous ethnographic material to reanalyze the region's seven major language-culture areas, covering a range of topics including sexuality, social inequality, the status of women, religion, politics and violence. Ethnographically rich and theoretically sophisticated, this book will be essential reading for all those interested in Melanesia, and should be read by anyone concerned with the problems of cultural comparison.
- Ebooks list page : 6031
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Identity through History: Living Stories in a Solomon Islands Society (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- 2021-06-02A People’s History of Psychoanalysis: From Freud to Liberation Psychology (Psychoanalytic Studies: Clinical, Social, and Cultural Contexts)
- 2009-04-05Freedom in Economics: New Perspectives in Normative Analysis (Routledge Studies in Social and Political Thought, 6)
- 2011-12-31New Guinea 24 January 1943 - 31 December 1944
- 2011-09-11New Guinea 24 January 1943 - 31 December 1944
- 2011-10-10This New Ocean: A History of Project Mercury (The NASA History Series)
- 2021-07-22New Directions in Social and Cultural History
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Ku Waru: Language and Segmentary Politics in the Western Nebilyer Valley, Papua New Guinea (Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Early China: A Social and Cultural History (New Approaches to Asian History)
- 2012-02-17[request]The Pursuit of Italy: A History of a Land, its Regions and their Peoples
- 2021-04-01Going to the Palais: A Social And Cultural History of Dancing and Dance Halls in Britain, 1918 1960
- 2021-01-20The Black Civil War Soldier: A Visual History of Conflict and Citizenship (NYU Series in Social and Cultural Analysis)
- 2020-06-17Early Music History; Volume 14; Studies in Medieval and Early Modern Music
- 2020-05-29History of Artificial Cold, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Issues (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- 2020-04-30Renaissance Ethnography and the Invention of the Human: New Worlds, Maps and Monsters (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories)
- 2020-04-29Alcohol in Latin America: A Social and Cultural History
- 2020-04-26After the Korean War: An Intimate History (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2020-04-23Going to the Palais: A Social And Cultural History of Dancing and Dance Halls in Britain, 1918-1960
- 2020-03-02Battle Descriptions as Literary Texts: A comparative approach (Universal- und kulturhistorische Studien. Studies in Universal and Cultural History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.