Posted on 2018-11-01, by nokia241186.
Eren Tasar, "Soviet and Muslim: The Institutionalization of Islam in Central Asia"
2017 | ISBN-10: 0190652101 | 432 pages | PDF | 11 MB
Central Asia was the sole Muslim region of the former Russian Empire that lacked a centralized Islamic organization, or muftiate. When Soviet leader Joseph Stalin created such a body for the region as part of his religious reforms during World War II, he acknowledged that the Muslim faith could enjoy some legal protection under Communist rule. From a skeletal and disorganized body run by one family of Islamic scholars out of a modest house in Tashkent's old city, this muftiate acquired great political importance in the eyes of Soviet policymakers and equally significant symbolic significance for many Muslims.
Relying on recently declassified Central Asian archival sources, most of them never seen before by historians, Eren Tasar argues that Islam did not merely "survive" the decades from World War II until the Soviet collapse in 1991, but actively shaped the political and social context of Soviet Central Asia. Muslim figures, institutions, and practices evolved in response to the social and political reality of Communist rule. Through an analysis that spans all aspects of Islam under Soviet rule-from debates about religion inside the Communist Party, to the muftiate's efforts to acquire control over mosques across Central Asia, changes in Islamic practices and dogma, and overseas propaganda targeting the Islamic World-Soviet and Muslim offers a radical new reading of Islam's resilience and evolution under atheism.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37594
- 2018-09-08Soviet and Muslim The Institutionalization of Islam in Central Asia
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2021-08-19Taliban Islam, Oil, and the Great New Game in Central Asia [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-11To Moscow, Not Mecca The Soviet Campaign Against Islam in Central Asia, 1917-1941
- 2021-04-23Modern Sufis and the State: The Politics of Islam in South Asia and Beyond
- 2021-04-14Modern Sufis and the State: The Politics of Islam in South Asia and Beyond
- 2021-04-11Modern Sufis and the State: The Politics of Islam in South Asia and Beyond
- 2020-03-04Islamic Identity, Postcoloniality, and Educational Policy: Schooling and Ethno-Religious Conflict in the Southern Philippines (Islam in Southeast Asia) Ed 2
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Modernization, Tradition and Identity: The Kompilasi Hukum Islam and Legal Practice in the Indonesian Religious Courts (AUP - ICAS Publications)
- 2011-10-19Mimesis and Empire: The New World, Islam, and European Identities
- 2011-10-10Mimesis and Empire: The New World, Islam, and European Identities [Repost]
- 2011-09-25Modernization, Tradition and Identity: The Kompilasi Hukum Islam and Legal Practice in the Indonesian Religious Courts
- 2011-08-15Mimesis and Empire: The New World, Islam, and European Identities (Cambridge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
- 2010-04-13Mimesis and Empire: The New World, Islam, and European Identities
- 2007-11-15Taliban: Islam, Oil and The New Great Game in Central Asia [e-book]
- 2018-01-06[PDF] China Korea and Japan: The Rise of Civilization in East Asia
- 2014-02-13Migration and Social Upheaval as the Face of Globalization in Central Asia - eazydoc.com - Removed
- 2013-12-31China Korea and Japan: The Rise of Civilization in East Asia (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.