Posted on 2011-03-24. By anonymous.
Sp rin ger | 2011 | ISBN: 1441981098 | 245 pages | PDF | 3 MB
In recent years, globalization, multiculturalism, and Western interest in Eastern thought have contributed to the growth of cross-cultural psychology. Paradoxically, however, while spirituality plays such a major role in non-Western cultures, it tends to occupy only a minor area of cross-cultural research.
Its roots in ancient philosophical texts such as the Bhagavad-Gita make Indian psychology not only an especially rich tradition and one deserving of close study, but also a template for how Western researchers can better understand indigenous spiritual perspectives. From this vantage point, Spirituality and Indian Psychology: Lessons from the Bhagavad-Gita provides accessible models for this understanding, from issues on the individual level (cognition, behavior, emotions, the self) to larger concerns such as intergroup relations and world peace, rarely-encountered concepts of work, bondage/liberation, and desire as well as the more familiar karma and dharma. In addressing the question of whether universals exist in psychology, this thought-provoking book:
Presents indigenous psychological perspective in terms of one representative worldview.
Contrasts the Indian worldview with Western scientific culture.
Analyzes an indigenous research methodology based on culturally relevant concepts.
Offers spirituality-based models for mapping basic psychological processes and their relationships.
Clarifies relationships among indigenous, cross-cultural, and Western psychologies.
Cross-cultural psychologists, sociologists, researchers in Indian psychology and cultureâ€”anyone involved in the continuing dialogue across the psychologies of the world and advancing the indigenous research agenda will find Spirituality and Indian Psychology a volume of rare interest and insight.
- Ebooks list page : 11073
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Spirituality and Indian Psychology: Lessons from the Bhagavad-Gita (International and Cultural Psychology) - Removed
- 2013-04-18Spirituality and Indian Psychology: Lessons from the Bhagavad-Gita [Repost]
- 2011-05-31Spirituality and Indian Psychology: Lessons from the Bhagavad-Gita (International and Cultural Psychology)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Financial Market Imperfections and Corporate Decisions: Lessons from the Transition Process in Hungary (Contributions to Economics) - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Chinese Rules: Mao's Dog, Deng's Cat, and Five Timeless Lessons from the Front Lines in China
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Core Labour Standards and International Trade: Lessons from the Regional Context - Removed
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Natural Resources, Conflict, and Sustainable Development: Lessons from the Niger Delta (Routledge African Studies)
- 2017-06-26Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook Lessons from the Middle-Market Trenches
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Natural Resources, Conflict, and Sustainable Development: Lessons from the Niger Delta (Routledge African Studies)
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Chinese Rules: Mao's Dog, Deng's Cat, and Five Timeless Lessons from the Front Lines in China
- 2014-04-17Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook: Lessons from the Middle-Market Trenches (repost)
- 2013-01-24Management Rewired: Why Feedback Doesn't Work and Other Surprising Lessons from the Latest Brain Science (repost)
- 2012-06-05Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook: Lessons from the Middle-Market Trenches
- 2012-01-08Environment and Children: Passive Lessons from the Everyday Environment - Removed
- 2011-08-07State Failure, Sovereignty And Effectiveness: Legal Lessons from the Decolonization of Sub-Saharan Africa
- 2011-07-04Environment and Children: Passive Lessons from the Everyday Environment - Removed
- 2011-06-30Indigenous Peoples, Consent and Benefit Sharing: Lessons from the San-Hoodia Case
- 2011-04-01Environment and Children: Passive Lessons from the Everyday Environment (repost) - Removed
- 2010-11-30Financial Market Imperfections and Corporate Decisions: Lessons from the Transition Process in Hungary [Reup]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.