Posted on 2022-07-10, by book2023.
James Steinberg, "Strategic Reassurance and Resolve: U.S.-China Relations in the Twenty-First Century"
English | ISBN: 0691159513 | 2014 | 272 pages | EPUB | 2 MB
How the United States and China can avoid future conflict and establish stable cooperative relations
After forty years of largely cooperative Sino-U.S. relations, policymakers, politicians, and pundits on both sides of the Pacific see growing tensions between the United States and China. Some go so far as to predict a future of conflict, driven by the inevitable rivalry between an established and a rising power, and urge their leaders to prepare now for a future showdown. Others argue that the deep economic interdependence between the two countries and the many areas of shared interests will lead to more collaborative relations in the coming decades.
In this book, James Steinberg and Michael O'Hanlon stake out a third, less deterministic position. They argue that there are powerful domestic and international factors, especially in the military and security realms, that could well push the bilateral relationship toward an arms race and confrontation, even though both sides will be far worse off if such a future comes to pass. They contend that this pessimistic scenario can be confidently avoided only if China and the United States adopt deliberate policies designed to address the security dilemma that besets the relationship between a rising and an established power. The authors propose a set of policy proposals to achieve a sustainable, relatively cooperative relationship between the two nations, based on the concept of providing mutual strategic reassurance in such key areas as nuclear weapons and missile defense, space and cyber operations, and military basing and deployments, while also demonstrating strategic resolve to protect vital national interests, including, in the case of the United States, its commitments to regional allies.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download from NovaFile
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
- Ebooks list page : 53124
- 2021-09-28South Asia and China - Engagement in the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-07-26The Limits of Partnership: U.S.-Russian Relations in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-04-10The Return of the Moguls How Jeff Bezos and John Henry Are Remaking Newspapers for the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Limits of Partnership: U.S.-Russian Relations in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Decline of the U.S. Hegemony?: A Challenge of ALBA and a New Latin American Integration of the Twenty-First Century (Security in the Americas in the Twenty-First Century)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Psychoanalysis and Philosophy of Mind: Unconscious Mentality in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2014-04-19The Limits of Partnership: U.S.-Russian Relations in the Twenty-First Century
- 2014-02-09Fatal Invention: How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-first Century
- 2011-06-30Europe, America, Bush: Transatlantic Relations in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2010-09-23"NATO-Russia Relations in the Twenty-First Century" ed. by Aurel Braun
- 2022-06-21Intergovernmental Relations State and Local Challenges in the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-05-05Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World)
- 2020-02-08Order Wars and Floating Balance: How the Rising Powers Are Reshaping Our Worldview in the Twenty-First Century (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- 2019-12-28Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2019-05-21Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2017-10-15[PDF] China and the Twenty-first-Century Crisis
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.