Posted on 2011-11-11. By anonymous.
Susan L. Shirk, "Changing Media, Changing China"
Ox rd University Press | 2010 | ISBN: 0199751986 | PDF | 288 pages | 3 MB
Edited by Susan Shirk, one of America's leading experts on contemporary China, this collection of essays brings together a who's who of experts--Chinese and American--writing about all aspects of the changing media landscape in China. In detailed case studies, the authors describe how the media is reshaping itself from a propaganda mouthpiece into an agent of watchdog journalism, how politicians are reacting to increased scrutiny from the media, and how television, newspapers, magazines, and Web-based news sites navigate the cross-currents between the open marketplace and the CCP censors. China has over 360 million Internet users, more than any other country, and an astounding 162 million bloggers. The growth of Internet access has dramatically increased the information available, the variety and timeliness of the news, and its national and international reach. But China is still far from having a free press. As of 2008, the international NGO Freedom House ranked China 181 worst out of 195 countries in terms of press restrictions, and Chinese journalists have been aptly described as "dancing in shackles." The recent controversy over China's censorship of Google highlights the CCP's deep ambivalence toward information freedom.
Covering everything from the rise of business media and online public opinion polling to environmental journalism and the effect of media on foreign policy, Changing Media, Changing China reveals how the most populous nation on the planet is reacting to demands for real news.
- Ebooks list page : 15168
- 2012-02-26Changing Media, Changing China - Susan L. Shirk
- 2011-11-17Changing Media, Changing China
- 2011-08-22Changing Media, Changing China
- 2011-02-10Changing Media, Changing China
- 2018-06-04Quick Chinese Grammar Referring to Fast Changing China Vol 1
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Beijing Bastard: Into the Wilds of a Changing China
- 2017-04-05[PDF] China and North Korea: Strategic and Policy Perspectives from a Changing China (International Relations and Comparisons in Northeast Asia) - Removed
- 2014-03-21Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China
- 2012-12-21Factory Girls - From Village to City in a Changing China
- 2012-10-02China: Fragile Superpower: How China's Internal Politics Could Derail Its Peaceful Rise by Susan L. Shirk
- 2011-12-13Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China [Audiobook]
- 2011-08-16Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China
- 2011-06-19Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China
- 2011-12-19The Telecommunications Challenge: Changing Technologies and Evolving Policies - Report of a Symposium
- 2011-09-16The Changing Face of Disease: Implications for Society
- 2011-08-07Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
- 2019-03-20Changing Rice Bowl Economic Development and Diet in China
- 2019-01-30China's Changing Legal System Lawyers & Judges on Civil & Criminal Law
- 2019-01-25Memes to Movements How the World's Most Viral Media Is Changing Social Protest and Power
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.