Posted on 2018-10-10, by nokia241186.
Maicol Formentelli, "Taking Stance in English as a Lingua Franca"
2017 | ISBN-10: 1443886386 | 230 pages | PDF | 2 MB
English is undoubtedly the lingua franca of global communication and plays a major role in the internationalisation of universities, where it is increasingly being used as the medium of instruction. The use of English as a Lingua Franca (ELF) in higher education has spread at different speeds throughout Europe over recent decades, with Nordic and central-western countries leading the way and the regions of southern Europe lagging behind. In Italy, English-taught programmes are a rather new and emerging phenomenon which needs to be empirically investigated to uncover the complex mechanisms of classroom interaction in this foreign language. The present volume focuses on one aspect of ELF academic exchanges that is deemed crucial in the transmission of knowledge in the educational setting, namely the management of interpersonal relations and the expression of interpersonal stance in the classroom. To this end, a model has been developed along the four dimensions of formality, power, social distance and respect, and has been applied to the analysis of a corpus of ELF lectures recorded in an Italian university. The examination of naturally occurring ELF lectures reveals a complex combination of linguistic strategies that lecturers exploit at the macro-level of discourse (interpersonal episodes) and at the micro-level of lexis and morpho-syntax (direct questions, comprehension checks, imperatives, personal pronouns, and terms of address) to express interpersonal meanings and build rapport with their students, in response to specific expressive and communicative requirements brought about by ELF academic interaction.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37378
- 2020-02-23English as a Lingua Franca in Japan: Towards Multilingual Practices
- 2020-02-09The Routledge Handbook of English as a Lingua Franca (Routledge Handbooks in Applied Linguistics)
- 2019-12-24English as a Lingua Franca in Migrants' Trauma Narratives - Removed
- 2019-05-21English as a Lingua Franca in Migrants` Trauma Narratives - Removed
- 2018-09-21Current Perspectives on Pedagogy for English as a Lingua Franca
- 2018-07-29Current Perspectives on Pedagogy for English as a Lingua Franca
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Cultural and Intercultural Dimensions of English as a Lingua Franca (Languages for Intercultural Communication and Education)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Language Regulation in English as a Lingua Franca: Focus on Academic Spoken Discourse (Developments in English as a Lingua Franca [Delf])
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Email Discourse Among Chinese Using English as a Lingua Franca - Removed
- 2017-04-03The Cultural and Intercultural Dimensions of English As a Lingua Franca
- 2011-04-27[FSC] English as a Lingua Franca in Higher Education
- 2011-04-25English as a Lingua Franca in Higher Education
- 2010-11-30English as a Lingua Franca in Higher Education: A Longitudinal Study of Classroom Discourse
- 2010-11-27English as a Lingua Franca in Higher Education: A Longitudinal Study of Classroom Discourse (Trends in Applied Linguistics)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] New Perspectives on English as a European Lingua Franca
- 2013-04-14English as an Academic Lingua Franca: An Investigation of Form and Communicative Effectiveness
- 2012-02-09The Last Lingua Franca: English Until the Return of Babel
- 2020-01-05The Elusive Case of Lingua Franca: Fact and Fiction
- 2019-08-27Interaction in Mandarin Chinese and English as a Multilingua Franca Context, Practice, and Percep...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.