Posted on 2007-11-15. By anonymous.
Yale University Press | ISBN: 0300089023 | 2001| PDF | 279 pages | 10 MB
Correspondent Ahmed Rashid brings the shadowy world of the Taliban, the world's most extreme and radical Islamic organization, into sharp focus in this enormously insightful book. He offers the only authoritative account of the Taliban available to English language readers, explaining the Taliban's rise to power, its impact on Afghanistan and the region, its role in oil and gas company decisions, and the effects of changing American attitudes toward the Taliban. He also describes the new face of Islamic fundamentalism and explains why Afghanistan has become the world center for international terrorism.
This is the single best book available on the Taliban, the fundamentalist Islamic regime in Afghanistan responsible for harboring the terrorist Osama bin Laden. Ahmed Rashid is a Pakistani journalist who has spent most of his career reporting on the region--he has personally met and interviewed many of the Taliban's shadowy leaders. Taliban was written and published before the massacres of September 11, 2001, yet it is essential reading for anyone who hopes to understand the aftermath of that black day. It includes details on how and why the Taliban came to power, the government's oppression of ordinary citizens (especially women), the heroin trade, oil intrigue, and--in a vitally relevant chapter--bin Laden's sinister rise to power. These pages contain stories of mass slaughter, beheadings, and the Taliban's crushing war against freedom: under Mullah Omar, it has banned everything from kite flying to singing and dancing at weddings. Rashid is for the most part an objective reporter, though his rage sometimes (and understandably) comes to the surface: "The Taliban were right, their interpretation of Islam was right, and everything else was wrong and an expression of human weakness and a lack of piety," he notes with sarcasm. He has produced a compelling portrait of modern evil. --John Miller
Audiobook is here -> Taliban [Audiobook]
Mirror -> Depositfiles
MIRROR : IceFile.com
- Ebooks list page : 1412
- 2021-08-19Taliban Islam, Oil, and the Great New Game in Central Asia [Audiobook]
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2017-10-20The New Great Game: China and South and Central Asia in the Era of Reform
- 2020-12-29Iran The Coming Crisis Radical Islam, Oil, and the Nuclear Threat
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Crude Interventions: The United States, Oil and the New World (Dis) Order
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Energy of Slaves: Oil and the New Servitude
- 2014-04-15The Energy of Slaves: Oil and the New Servitude
- 2014-04-14The Energy of Slaves: Oil and the New Servitude
- 2013-07-14Iran: The Coming Crisis: Radical Islam, Oil, and the Nuclear Threat (repost)
- 2011-10-09Iran: The Coming Crisis: Radical Islam, Oil, and the Nuclear Threat
- 2011-07-25Iran: The Coming Crisis: Radical Islam, Oil, and the Nuclear Threat
- 2011-07-11Iran: The Coming Crisis: Radical Islam, Oil, and the Nuclear Threat
- 2020-12-23Cyber-Warfare and the New World Order World War III Series, Book 4 [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Football Goes East: Business, Culture and the People's Game in East Asia
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Football Goes East: Business, Culture and the People's Game in East Asia
- 2009-02-26The Garden of the Eight Paradises: Babur and the Culture of Empire in Central Asia, Afghanistan and India (1483-1530)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.