Posted on 2013-08-26. By anonymous.
Abdeslem El Idrissi, â€ŽWilliam J. L'Amoreaux - Taurine 8: Volume 1: The Nervous System, Immune System, Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System
Published: 2013-02-09 | ISBN: 1461461294 | PDF | 600 pages | 14 MB
Taurine 8 represents the combined efforts of investigators on the roles of the amino acid taurine on human health and disease. The chapters covered in this book are directly derived from presentations of the contributors at the 18th International Taurine Meeting held in Marrakech, Morocco in April 2012. The purpose of this book is to disseminate current findings on taurine's contribution in several organ systems. This book covers the following topics: Taurine in the Nervous System, Taurine in the Immune System, Taurine and Diabetes, and Taurine and the Cardiovascular System. Dr. Abdeslem El Idrissi, College of Staten Island and Dr. William Lâ€™Amoreaux, College of Staten Island, were co-chairs of the Organizing Committee for the meeting.
Data presented at this meeting provided compelling evidence that taurine is not only cytoprotective in cardiomyocytes, but also is a potent GABA agonist, whereby it can facilitate vasodilation of conducting arteries. Taurine conjugates, such as taurine chloramine, may protect cells from oxidative stress via increased HO-1 expression. In adult rodents, taurine has a potent effect on plasma glucose levels, likely through the release of insulin in pancreatic beta cells. As a potential neurotransmitter, taurine is known to work via the GABAergic system, but current research presented at this meeting suggest that taurine may interact with glutamate and serotonin receptors as well. Data are also presented to demonstrate the protective roles of taurine on neurons in neuroblastoma. Perhaps the most important and exciting presentation is the role of taurine and alcohol: the combination may be lethal. Data are also presented at this meeting of the potential role taurine may have as an adjuvant treatment with cisplatin in chemotherapy.
No another mirrors, please!
- Ebooks list page : 23057
- 2012-01-08The Secrets of the Opposite-Coloured Bishop Endings, Volume One: The Fight for Lonely Bishops
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2020-06-08Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 12: Molecular Mechanisms, Children's Cancer, Treatments, and Radiosurgery
- 2020-06-08Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 11: Pineal, Pituitary, and Spinal Tumors (Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Vol. 11)
- 2019-11-25Neurorheumatology: A Comprehenisve Guide to Immune Mediated Disorders of the Nervous System
- 2019-09-30The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, Volume 7, Part 1 Brain (Netter Green Book Collection)
- 2019-05-19Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 1; Gliomas; Glioblastoma (Part 1)
- 2018-11-15Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 14 Glioma, Meningioma, Neuroblastoma, and Spinal Tumors
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 11: Pineal, Pituitary, and Spinal Tumors - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 6: Spinal Tumors (Part 1) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Diabetes and the Nervous System, Volume 126 (Handbook of Clinical Neurology)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Alcohol and the Nervous System, Volume 125 (Handbook of Clinical Neurology)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Alterations of Chemical Equilibrium in the Nervous System (Volume 6) - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 13: Types of Tumors, Diagnosis, Ultrasonography, Surgery, Brain Metastasis, and General CNS Diseases - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 4: Brain Tumors (Part 2) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 8: Astrocytoma, Medulloblastoma, Retinoblastoma, Chordoma, Craniopharyngioma, Oligodendroglioma, and Ependymoma
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 10: Pineal, Pituitary, and Spinal Tumors - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 9: Lymphoma, Supratentorial Tumors, Glioneuronal Tumors, Gangliogliomas, Neuroblastoma in Adults, ... Hemangiomas, and Craniopharyngiomas - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 7: Meningiomas and Schwannomas - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.