Posted on 2010-10-20. By anonymous.
Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann | 2006 | ISBN 0750678437 | PDF | 512 pages | 6.5 MB
Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction with Applications provides a comprehensive overview of terrorism, public and private sector counterterrorism, and "all hazards" emergency management. The book presents national, state, and local perspectives and up-to-date information, including the reorganization of the Department of Homeland Security, the renewed Patriot Act, and intelligence reform. A wide range of issues are discussed, including such topics as the effectiveness of terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, the measurement of terrorism, victims of terrorism, privatization of counterterrorism, the "code war," the merging of life safety and public safety, the Katrina disaster, the role of the military, preemptive force, Homeland Security and national security versus due process models, pandemics, and wars of globalization. It emphasizes practical issues handled by senior government officials, private sector executives, security practitioners, and a variety of first responders.
Terrorism and Homeland Security provides theory from several disciplines, offering explanations of problems and countermeasures to assist both practitioners searching for answers, as well as students seeking to put theory into practice. Applications at the end of chapters use assessment center and red team techniques to help the reader develop analytical and decision-making skills in the context of understanding the mindset and planning processes of terrorists. An essential resource for both students and professionals, Terrorism and Homeland Security addresses sensitive issues, asks controversial questions, and offers solutions to differentiate law, policy, and plans from reality.
* Learning objectives and key terms outline chapter content and highlight important topics.
* Scenarios are placed at the beginning of each chapter to explain concepts and relate theory to practice.
* "Reality Check" sections and critical thinking boxes help the reader to formulate alternative perspectives on issues and events in order to seek creative and improved solutions to problems.
* Discussion questions at the end of each chapter reinforce content and provide an opportunity for the reader to review, synthesize, and debate the key issues.
* Web links at the end of each chapter provide direction for additional resources, information, and research.
- Ebooks list page : 7856
- 2009-07-25Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction with Applications (Repost)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction with Applications (Butterworth-Heinemann Homeland Security)
- 2010-10-19Terrorisim And Homeland Security An Introduction With Applications
- 2019-06-25Terrorism and Homeland Security An Introduction
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction
- 2011-11-15Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction, 6 edition
- 2011-10-24Terrorism and homeland security an introduction, international edition 6e jonathan white instructor manual and test bank
- 2011-10-08Terrorism and homeland security an introduction, international edition 6e jonathan white instructor manual and test bank
- 2013-10-04Terrorism and homeland security, 8th edition jonathan r. White instructor resource manual with tb - Removed
- 2019-07-11Stochastic Processes and Calculus An Elementary Introduction with Applications
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Criminologists on Terrorism and Homeland Security (Cambridge Studies in Criminology)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Stochastic Processes and Calculus: An Elementary Introduction with Applications - Removed
- 2012-06-04Terrorism and Homeland Security, 7 edition
- 2012-05-31Terrorism and Homeland Security (7th Edition) - Removed
- 2011-06-24Criminologists on Terrorism and Homeland Security (Cambridge Studies in Criminology)
- 2011-05-21Criminologists on Terrorism and Homeland Security
- 2010-04-13Affine Lie Algebras and Quantum Groups: An Introduction, with Applications in Conformal Field Theory (Cambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics)
- 2009-07-03JÃ¼rgen A. Fuchs - Affine Lie Algebras and Quantum Groups: An Introduction, with Applications in Conformal Field Theory
- 2009-01-18Philip Purpura : Terrorism and Homeland Security
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.