Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-05-31. By anonymous.
Conway Maritime Press | 1989 | ISBN: 0851773680 | English | 123 pages | PDF | 81.3 MB
The HMS Bellona was a 74-gun third-rate used in the Napoleonic wars and built at Chatham, launched in 1760. The Bellona was tasked to join the squadron blockading Brest during the Seven Years War. HMS Bellona was used on the Tagus River in Spain. The HMS Bellona engaged the French 74-gun ship Courageux in company with two frigates. The HMS Bellona eventually took on the Courageux. The frigates escaped, but the Courageux struck her colors, and was later re-fitted and used by the Royal Navy. In 1762 Bellona was paid off. She was used in the American Revolutionary War after she had been coppered. Until 1783 HMS Bellona served in the North Sea and the West Indies. In 1801 HMS Bellona served under Nelson in the Battle of Copenhagen. She also served in the North Sea and Bay of Biscay until 1814, when she paid off for the last time and broken up.
Bellona, built in 1760, was one of the earliest and most successful British examples of a 74-gun ship. This book provides documentation of the ship through a complete set of line drawings, offering a novel insight into ship design and construction.
An anatomy of the ship on one of the standard line-of-battle ships of the Royal Navy of the time of Trafalgar.
A complete set of superbly executed line drawings, both the conventional type of plan as well as explanatory views, with fully descriptive keys.
A large-scale plan of the ship on the reverse of an extended fold-out jacket.
- Ebooks list page : 18807
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The 74-Gun-Ship Bellona (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2012-05-27The Naval Cutter Alert 1777 (Anatomy of the Ship, Repost)
- 2012-05-17The Destroyer "The Sullivans" (Anatomy of the Ship, Repost)
- 2012-05-14The Flower Class Corvette Agassiz (Anatomy of the Ship, Repost)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The 20-gun ship Blandford (Anatomy of the ship)
- 2013-10-30The 20-gun ship Blandford (Anatomy of the ship)
- 2012-06-04The 24-gun Frigate Pandora (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2012-06-03The 24-gun Frigate Pandora (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2012-06-01The 32-gun Frigate Essex (Anatomy of the Ship) (Repost)
- 2012-05-28The 24-gun Frigate Pandora (Anatomy of the Ship) (Repost)
- 2012-01-31The 20-Gun Ship Blandford (Anatomy of the Ship - Repost)
- 2010-04-12The 100-Gun Ship Victory (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2009-11-16The 100-Gun Ship Victory (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2009-06-08The 74-Gun Ship "Bellona"
- 2009-06-07Anatomy of the ship - The 100-Gun Ship "Victory"
- 2009-05-05The 20-Gun Ship Blandford (Anatomy of the Ship)
- 2016-06-30The 50-Gun Ship
- 2013-08-04The 50-gun Ship Leopard
- 2013-07-31The 50-gun ship Leopard
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.