Posted on 2018-10-10, by nokia241186.
Pervaiz Iqbal Cheema, "The Armed Forces of Pakistan"
2002 | pages: 240 | ISBN: 1865081191 | PDF | 1,9 mb
To the north a seemingly endless civil war in Afghanistan fuelled by arms from Russia and the USA. To the west, a fundamentalist Islamic region in Iran, with links to international terrorism. To the north-east, a secessionist guerilla war in Kashmir. To the east, India, with which Pakistan has fought two wars in 40 years. In these volatile circumstances, Pakistan's armed forces continue to play an important role both internally and externally. Since their creation out of the communal violence of partition at the end of World War II, the armed forces of Pakistan have played a central role in the Pakistani state, periodically usurping the civil authority and ruling in its own right. This book describes the nature of Pakistan's defence capabilities and the forces which will shape them in the 21st century. It surveys the forces locked in conflict over the nuclear option and examines the three internal pressures Pakistan continues to face: militarization, secularization and Islamic fundamentalism. The book assesses the role of the armed forces in the context of defence policy and strategy, and its social and political role. It also provides a comprehensive description of the nature of the air, naval and ground forces, as well as an account of each of their capabilities and ambitions. An appendix provides a precise order of battle.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37378
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2012-05-20American Indians in the U.S.Armed Forces 1866-1945 (The G.I.Series #20)
- 2018-11-05May the Armed Forces Be with You The Relationship Between Science Fiction and the United States Military
- 2018-08-13May the Armed Forces Be with You The Relationship Between Science Fiction and the United States Military
- 2018-08-06War, Identity and the Liberal State Everyday Experiences of the Geopolitical in the Armed Forces
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Leadership in Dangerous Situations: A Handbook for the Armed Forces, Emergency Services and First Responders
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Shield of the Great Leader: The Armed Forces of North Korea (The Armed Forces of Asia)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Armed Forces of North Korea
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Armed Forces of the United Kingdom 2014-2015
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Careers After the Armed Forces: How to Decide on the Right Career and Make a Successful Transition
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Armed Forces of the United Kingdom, 2007-2008
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Career Opportunities in the Armed Forces (Career Opportunities (Hardcover))
- 2016-07-02Career Opportunities in the Armed Forces
- 2014-06-15The Armed Forces of WWII - Uniforms, Insignia and Organisation (Repost)
- 2014-06-08The Armed Forces of South Africa 1659-1954
- 2014-06-05The Armed Forces of South Africa 1659-1954
- 2014-05-27Careers After the Armed Forces: How to Decide on the Right Career and Make a Successful Transition
- 2014-05-05Careers After the Armed Forces: How to Decide on the Right Career and Make a Successful Transition (repost)
- 2013-10-05The Armed Forces: Towards a Post-Interventionist Era?
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.