Posted on 2020-11-24, by nokia241186.
2019 | ISBN: 9789387894112 | English | Author(s): Dabholkar, Narendra | EPUB | 1,1 MB
Originally published in Marathi as Timiratuni Tejakade, rationalist and activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar's magnum opus, The Case for Reason is both a vision document for, and a chronicle of, the battle that he and his co-activists waged against obscurantism, superstition, pseudo-sciences and blind faith in the scriptures.
In Dabholkar's view, it is the constitutional duty of every Indian citizen to develop a scientific temper, and the Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti's (ANiS) campaigns have made this the central argument of their work. A few days after Dabholkar was shot dead by religious extremists in 2013, the Maharashtra government issued an anti-superstition ordinance that was in essence a tribute to Dabholkar's life-long struggle.
The Case for Reason is available in two volumes, the second of which-A Scientific Enquiry into Belief-delves into the anatomy of faith. In this volume, Dabholkar discusses god, religion, secularism and rationalism, and attempts to understand what it will take for society to transcend the infirmities that misguided religious faith imposes on society.
Argumentative and illuminating, this book is a guide to the thinking of one of India's most independent, important voices-available for the first time in an English translation.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 45369
- 2020-11-24The Case for Reason: Volume One: Understanding the Anti superstition Movement
- 2020-09-13Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-28Steven Pinker Enlightenment Now The Case For Reason, Science, Humanism, And Progress (unabridged) - Removed
- 2019-07-25%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress by Steven Pinker Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF] - Removed
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2020-02-26Breaking the Two-Party Doom Loop: The Case for Multiparty Democracy in America
- 2018-11-15The Case for a Creator A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Magic Mushrooms Around the World: A Scientific Journey Across Cultures and Time - The Case for Challenging Research and Value Systems
- 2014-01-06Two Presidents Are Better Than One: The Case for a Bipartisan Executive Branch - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-25Fractals for the Classroom: Strategic Activities, Volume Two
- 2012-12-21"The Case for International Sharing of Scientific Data" ed. by Kathie Bailey Mathae and Paul F. Uhlir
- 2011-11-19Jesus: Neither God Nor Man - The Case for a Mythical Jesus
- 2011-11-09Risk-sharing in the Pharmaceutical Industry: The Case of Out-licensing
- 2011-11-05Jesus: Neither God Nor Man - The Case for a Mythical Jesus
- 2011-08-02The Case for an International Banking Standard (Policy Analyses in International Economics) - Removed
- 2010-04-11The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God
- 2009-05-27Lee Strobel - The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God
- 2008-12-08[AudioBook] The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates the New Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God by Lee Strobel
- 2021-04-2432 Counties: The Failure of Partition and the Case for a United Ireland
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.