Posted on 2009-06-04. By anonymous.
Cambridge University Press| 1999 | ISSN: 0521621283 | 280 pages | Djvu | 1,1 MB
Foundational issues in statistical mechanics and the more general question of how probability is to be understood in the context of physical theories are both areas that have been neglected by philosophers of physics. This book fills an important gap in the literature by providing the most systematic study to date of how to interpret probabilistic assertions in the context of statistical mechanics. The book will be of particular interest to philosophers of science, physicists and mathematicians interested in foundational issues, and also to historians of science.
"...essential reading for philosophers of physics interested in statistical mechanics and of deep interest to those in physics and mathematics interested in foundational issues." Larry Sklar, author of Physics and Chance
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH)
and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 2917
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Concept of Probability in Statistical Physics (Cambridge Studies in Probability, Induction and Decision Theory)
- 2008-12-06The Concept of Probability in Statistical Physics (Cambridge Studies in Probability, Induction and Decision Theory)
- 2012-08-15Applications of the Monte-Carlo Method in Statistical Physics (2nd edition) [Repost]
- 2011-12-16Applications of the Monte Carlo Method in Statistical Physics (2nd edition) [Repost]
- 2011-11-09The Concept of the Political
- 2011-10-03Roman's Lab Vol. 85 - Understanding The Concept Of the Middlegame Based on Opening Strategy
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Meaning of the Concept of Probability in Application to Finite Sequences
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Meaning of the Concept of Probability in Application to Finite Sequences
- 2014-04-24Methods of Contemporary Mathematical Statistical Physics [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-04-23Statistical Field Theory: An Introduction to Exactly Solved Models in Statistical Physics (repost)
- 2014-04-19The Fundamental Constants: A Mystery of Physics (Repost)
- 2014-04-02An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference (Repost)
- 2014-04-02The Atom and the Apple: Twelve Tales from Contemporary Physics (repost)
- 2014-02-27Methods of Statistical Physics (Repost)
- 2013-12-16Symmetry and the Standard Model: Mathematics and Particle Physics [Repost]
- 2013-11-25Pushing the Frontiers of Atomic Physics: Proceedings of the XXI International Conference on Atomic Physics (Repost)
- 2013-11-21The Fundamental Constants: A Mystery of Physics (repost)
- 2013-09-12Monte Carlo Methods in Statistical Physics (Repost)
- 2013-06-03The Fundamentals of Atomic and Molecular Physics [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.