Posted on 2021-01-10, by book24h.
The Dangers of Automation in Airliners: Accidents Waiting to Happen by Jack J Hersch
English | December 30th, 2020 | ISBN: 1526773147 | 288 pages | True EPUB | 20.85 MB
Automation in aviation can be a lifesaver, expertly guiding a plane and its passengers through stormy weather to a safe landing. Or it can be a murderer, crashing an aircraft and killing all on board in the mistaken belief that it is doing the right thing.
Lawrence Sperry invented the autopilot just ten years after the Wright brothers' first flight in 1903. But progress was slow for the next three decades. Then came the end of the Second World War and the jet age. That's when the real trouble began.
Aviation automation has been pushed to its limits, with pilots increasingly relying on it. Autopilot, autothrottle, autoland, flight management systems, air data systems, inertial guidance systems. All these systems are only as good as their inputs which, incredibly, can go rogue. Even the automation itself is subject to unpredictable failure. Can automation account for every possible eventuality?
And what of the pilots? They began flight training with their hands on the throttle and yoke, and feet on the rudder pedals. Then they reached the pinnacle of their careers - airline pilot - and suddenly they were going hours without touching the controls other than for a few minutes on takeoff and landing. Are their skills eroding? Is their training sufficient to meet the demands of today's planes?
The Dangers of Automation in Airliners delves deeply into these questions. You'll be in the cockpits of the two doomed Boeing 737 MAXs, the Airbus A330 lost over the South Atlantic, and the Bombardier Q400 that stalled over Buffalo. You'll discover exactly why a Boeing 777 smacked into a seawall, missing the runway on a beautiful summer morning. And you'll watch pilots battling - sometimes winning and sometimes not - against automation run amok. This book also investigates the human factors at work. You'll learn why pilots might overlook warnings or ignore cockpit alarms. You'll observe automation failing to alert aircrews of what they crucially need to know while fighting to save their planes and their passengers.
The future of safe air travel depends on automation. This book tells its story.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46146
- 2012-01-14Accidents Waiting to Happen - Simon Wood
- 2011-09-11Accidents Waiting to Happen
- 2011-08-04Accidents Waiting to Happen
- 2021-02-18Issues Today: What Are the Dangers of Online Scams?
- 2021-01-13The Dangers of Smoking in Bed Stories
- 2021-01-08Learning Hammerspoon Unleash the power of automation on your Mac
- 2021-01-07Learning Hammerspoon: Unleash the power of automation on your Mac
- 2020-10-11Learn Python The Complete Python Automation Course!
- 2020-09-17The Complete TestNG & Automation Framework Design Course
- 2020-09-05Learn Python: The Complete Python Automation Course!
- 2020-08-09Learn Python: The Complete Python Automation Course!
- 2020-07-27Learn Python The Complete Python Automation Course!
- 2020-06-09Overpowered: The Dangers of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMF) and What You Can Do about It
- 2020-02-29Advances in Automation: Proceedings of the International Russian Automation Conference, RusAutoCon 2019, September 8-14, 2019, Sochi, Russia (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- 2020-02-24Disrupted Development and the Future of Inequality in the Age of Automation (Rethinking International Development series)
- 2020-02-22Leadership on the Line, With a New Preface: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Change
- 2019-12-26Carlings Phygital T-Shirt Gives Virtual Fashion The Accessible Vibe Brand Land\\\'s Been Waiting For
- 2019-12-15Computer Networking Security Beginners Guide: The Guide to CyberSecurity to Learn through a Top-Down Approach all the Defensive Actions to be taken to Protect yourself from the Dangers of the Network
- 2019-12-02Noise Control of the Beginning and Development Dynamics of Accidents
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.