The Department of Mad Scientists: How DARPA Is Remaking Our World, from the Internet to Artificial Limbs
Posted on 2013-01-21. By anonymous.
2009 | ISBN: 0061577936, 0062000659 | English | 320 Pages | EPUB + MOBI | 0.90 MB + 1.10 MB
The first-ever inside look at DARPAâ€”the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agencyâ€”the maverick and controversial group whose futuristic work has had amazing civilian and military applications, from the Internet to GPS to driverless cars
America's greatest idea factory isn't Bell Labs, Silicon Valley, or MIT's Media Lab. It's the secretive, Pentagon-led agency known as DARPA. Founded by Eisenhower in response to Sputnik and the Soviet space program, DARPA mixes military officers with sneaker-wearing scientists, seeking paradigm-shifting ideas in varied fieldsâ€”from energy, robotics, and rockets to peopleless operating rooms, driverless cars, and planes that can fly halfway around the world in just hours. DARPA gave birth to the Internet, GPS, and mind-controlled robotic arms. Its geniuses define future technology for the military and the rest of us.
Michael Belfiore was given unprecedented access to write this first-ever popular account of DARPA. Visiting research sites across the country, he watched scientists in action and talked to the creative, fearlessly ambitious visionaries working for and with DARPA. Much of DARPA's work is classified, and this book is full of material that has barely been reported in the general media. In fact, DARPA estimates that only 2 percent of Americans know much of anything about the agency. This fascinating read demonstrates that DARPA isn't so much frightening as it is inspiringâ€”it is our future.
- Ebooks list page : 21160
- 2011-11-28How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2019-07-15Life by Algorithms How Roboprocesses Are Remaking Our World
- 2019-07-14Life by Algorithms; How Roboprocesses Are Remaking Our World
- 2022-08-05The Shadows of Empire How Imperial History Shapes Our World
- 2022-06-07Meet the Expert How AI Will Change Our World by 2041 with Kai-Fu Lee and Tim O'Reilly
- 2022-06-04Meet the Expert: How AI Will Change Our World by 2041 with Kai-Fu Lee and Tim O'Reilly
- 2021-12-15Scary Smart The Future of Artificial Intelligence and How You Can Save Our World [Audiobook] - Removed
- 2021-03-02The Shadows of Empire: How Imperial History Shapes Our World
- 2020-02-21Bloom: From food to fuel, the epic story of how algae can save our world
- 2019-07-25#(Best) - Why You Should Read The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch by Lewis Dartnell Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Knowledge and Power: The Information Theory of Capitalism and How it is Revolutionizing our World (NONE)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Knowledge and Power: The Information Theory of Capitalism and How it is Revolutionizing our World
- 2016-12-11The Knowledge How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch!
- 2014-05-31The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch
- 2014-05-17The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch (Audiobook)
- 2014-05-15The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch (Audiobook)
- 2014-04-25The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.