The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports) By The World Bank
Posted on 2011-01-08. By anonymous.
Publisher: A World Bank Policy Research Report; illustrated edition edition (September 30, 1993) | ISBN-10: 0195209931 | ISBN-13: 978-0195209938 | 408 Pages | PDF | 32 MB
The extraordinary growth enjoyed over the last several decades by many East Asian countries has amounted to nothing less than an economic miracle. Employing unorthodox policies, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand have all produced dramatic results with far-reaching improvements in human welfare and income distribution, leading many to ask whether a similar achievement can be duplicated elsewhere.
Written for the nonspecialist, this World Bank Policy Research Report--the first in an important new series--discusses in detail the means by which these high-performing Asian economies (HPAEs) realized their staggering success between 1965 and 1990. Examining how these countries stabilized their economies with sound development programs that led to fast growth, the book also shows how they shared the new prosperity by making income distribution more equitable.
The book makes clear how the HPAEs promoted rapid capital accumulation by making banks more reliable and encouraging high levels of domestic savings, while universal primary schooling and better primary and secondary education quickly increased their skilled labor forces. Also included are illustrative examples of productive agricultural programs, modest tax policies, the modification of price distortions, foreign technology and investment, and the cooperation of government and private enterprise.
Exposing to a broad audience the revolutionary process that transformed East Asia into the collection of economic juggernauts that it is today, this provocative World Bank report offers wisdom for today's up-and-coming markets, highlighting the policies that will make a difference as well as those that, despite their effectiveness in the Orient, could prove disastrous elsewhere.
- Ebooks list page : 9577
- 2011-08-16The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports)
- 2012-03-08Robert W. Orttung, A. S. Makarychev - National Counter-Terrorism Strategies: Legal, Institutional, and Public Policy Dimensions in the US, UK, France, Turkey and Russia - Removed
- 2013-11-03Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Public Policy (repost)
- 2011-10-21Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Public Policy (Repost)
- 2010-04-05Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Public Policy
- 2009-07-08Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Public Policy
- 2009-03-27Politics and Public Policy (Research in Political Sociology)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2020-01-23Economic Growth and the Middle Class in an Economy in Transition: The Case of Russia (Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion and Well-Being)
- 2019-12-18The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change
- 2019-01-15Rethinking Canadian Economic Growth and Development since 1900 The Quebec Case - Removed
- 2019-01-15The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change - Removed
- 2019-01-09The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change
- 2019-01-09Rethinking Canadian Economic Growth and Development since 1900 The Quebec Case
- 2018-12-19Economic Growth and the Environment An Introduction to the Theory
- 2018-11-21Financial Stability, Economic Growth, and the Role of Law
- 2018-11-13The Great Deleveraging Economic Growth and Investing Strategies for the Future
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Little Book of Venture Capital Investing: Empowering Economic Growth and Investment Portfolios
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Economic Growth and the Middle Class in an Economy in Transition: The Case of Russia (Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion and Well-Being)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.