Posted on 2020-07-31, by phaelx
Author: Richard Bookstaber
Size: 1.8 MB
An in-depth look at how to account for the human complexities at the heart of today's financial system
Our economy may have recovered from the Great Recession but not our economics. In The End of Theory, Richard Bookstaber discusses why the human condition and the radical uncertainty of our world renders the standard economic model and the theory behind it useless for dealing with financial crises. What model should replace it? None. At least not any version we've been using for the past two hundred years. Instead, Bookstaber argues for a new approach called agent-based economics, one that takes as a starting point the fact that we are humans, not the optimizing automatons that standard economics assumes we are.
Bookstaber's groundbreaking paradigm promises to do a far better job at preventing crises and managing those that break out. As he explains, our varied memories and imaginations color our economic behavior in unexpected hues. Agent-based modeling embraces these nuances by avoiding the mechanistic, unrealistic structure of our current economic approach. Bookstaber tackles issues such as radical uncertainty, when circumstances take place beyond our anticipation, and emergence, when innocent, everyday interactions combine to create sudden chaos. Starting with the realization that future crises cannot be predicted by the past, he proposes an approach that recognizes the human narrative while addressing market realities.
Sweeping aside the historic failure of twentieth-century economics, The End of Theory offers a novel and innovative perspective, along with a more realistic and human framework, to help prevent today's financial system from blowing up again.
Economic History (Books),Financial Risk Management (Books),Theory of Economics
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
The End of Theory; Financial Crises, the Failure of Economics, and the Sweep of Human Interaction
Download this book
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 44204
- 2010-01-26The Origin of Financial Crises: Central Banks, Credit Bubbles and the Efficient Market Fallacy
- 2009-03-10The Origin of Financial Crises: Central Banks, Credit Bubbles and the Efficient Market Fallacy
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Mathematical Theory of Hints: An Approach to the Dempster-Shafer Theory of Evidence (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems)
- 2011-11-11The Potential Impact of High-End Capability Computing on Four Illustrative Fields of Science and Engineering
- 2012-09-27Global Markets and Financial Crises in Asia: Towards a Theory for the 21st Century
- 2012-09-02Global Markets and Financial Crises in Asia: Towards a Theory for the 21st Century
- 2020-07-27Islamic Finance and the New Financial System: An Ethical Approach to Preventing Future Financial Crises (Wiley Finance)
- 2020-03-03After the Crash: Financial Crises and Regulatory Responses
- 2020-01-24Monetary Policy, Financial Crises, and the Macroeconomy: Festschrift for Gerhard Illing
- 2019-08-23Financial Crises, Sovereign Risk and the Role of Institutions
- 2019-06-25Financial Crises and the Politics of Macroeconomic Adjustments
- 2018-12-14Fighting Financial Crises Learning from the Past
- 2018-12-05Crashed How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Financial Crises, 1929 to the Present, Second Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Economics and Utopia: Why the Learning Economy is Not the End of History (Routledge Economics as Social Theory)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Financial Crises, Sovereign Risk and the Role of Institutions - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Surviving Large Losses: Financial Crises, the Middle Class, and the Development of Capital Markets
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Financial Crises, Contagion, and the Lender of Last Resort: A Reader
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Financial crises and the nature of capitalist money: Mutual developments from the work of Geoffrey Ingham - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Global Governance and Financial Crises (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
No comments for "The End of Theory; Financial Crises, the Failure of Economics, and the Sweep of Human Interaction".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.