Posted on 2018-10-10, by nokia241186.
Tom Butler, "The Energy Reader"
English | ISBN: 0970950098 | 2012 | EPUB | 310 pages | 1 MB
"The Energy Reader" takes an unflinching look at the environmental devastation created by our thirst for energy-including supposedly "clean" renewable sources. From oil spills, nuclear accidents, and mountaintop-removal coal mining to oversized wind farms and desert-destroying solar power plants, virtually every region of the globe is now experiencing the consequences of out-of-control energy development. Essentially no place is sacred, no landscape safe from the relentless search for energy resources to continue powering a culture based on perpetual growth. Precious wildlands, fragile ecosystems, even our own communities and children's health are at risk.
Featuring essays by more than thirty of the most brilliant minds in the fields of energy, society, and ecology, "The Energy Reader" lifts the veil on the harsh realities of our pursuit of energy at any price, revealing the true costs, benefits, and limitations of all our energy options. Contributors include Wes Jackson, Bill McKibben, Sandra B. Lubarsky, Richard Heinberg, Philip Cafaro, Wendell Berry, Juan Pablo Orrego. Collectively, they offer a wake-up call about the future of energy and what each of us can do to change course. Ultimately, the book offers not only a deep critique of the current system that is toxic to nature and people, but also a hopeful vision for a future energy economy-in which resilience, health, beauty, biodiversity, and durability, not incessant growth, are the organizing principles.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37378
- 2011-09-16Realizing the Energy Potential of Methane Hydrate for the United States
- 2011-07-24Realizing the Energy Potential of Methane Hydrate for the United States
- 2019-07-10The Energy Plan: Eat Smart, Feel Strong, Perform at Your Peak
- 2019-07-07The Energy Plan: Eat Smart, Feel Strong, Perform at Your Peak
- 2019-06-26Distorted Time Preferences and Structural Change in the Energy Industry A Theoretical and Applied...
- 2019-05-10The Energy of Nations
- 2019-05-01The Stonewall Reader by Edmund White
- 2019-02-21eIoT: The Development of the Energy Internet of Things in Energy Infrastructure
- 2019-02-20eIoT: The Development of the Energy Internet of Things in Energy Infrastructure
- 2019-02-06The Energy Disruption Triangle: Three Sectors That Will Change How We Generate, Use, and Store Energy (EPUB)
- 2019-01-24The Brazil Reader History, Culture, Politics
- 2019-01-15The Energy Mix for Sustaining Our Future Selected Papers from Proceedings of Energy and Sustainab
- 2019-01-15The Inequality Reader Contemporary and Foundational Readings in Race, Class, and Gender
- 2019-01-14Nanotechnology for the Energy Challenge
- 2019-01-11The Brazil Reader History, Culture, Politics
- 2019-01-10Chomsky's Challenge to American Power A Guide for the Critical Reader
- 2019-01-10The Inequality Reader Contemporary and Foundational Readings in Race, Class, and Gender
- 2019-01-10The Energy Mix for Sustaining Our Future Selected Papers from Proceedings of Energy and Sustainab
- 2019-01-10Nanotechnology for the Energy Challenge
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.