Posted on 2019-11-18, by selverine.
A lively and highly readable account of the origins, invention and discovery of just about everything on the planet, the truly global coverage of The First of Everything ranges from the Big Bang to driverless cars.The First of Everything follows a context-setting introduction with seven stimulating sections: In the Beginning (The Big Bang to Homo Sapiens), At Home (the first glass windows to dentures and bikinis); Health and Medicine (herbs to heart transplants); Getting About (donkeys to double deckers); Science and Engineering (potter's wheel to webcam); Peace and War (the first king to fighter-bombers); and Culture (cave painting to rap).
This fascinating book takes in the full sweep of human development and ingenuity over twelve millennia; Africa, for example, gave us the first monarch, algebra and great religions emerged from the Middle East, democracy was born in Europe, and America made the first flying machines. More than just a string of dry lists, the colourful text's intriguing insights and asides make it as enjoyable for the casual browser as the more serious researcher.
- Ebooks list page : 41789
- 2012-03-13Yakovlev Yak-23: The First Yakovlev Jet Fighters (Mushroom Yellow Series No.6124)
- 2012-02-17[request]The Pursuit of Italy: A History of a Land, its Regions and their Peoples
- 2012-01-08New In Chess: The First 25 Years 1984 - 2009, An Anthology - Removed
- 2011-08-26Apollo 11 - The First Giant Leap for Mankind
- 2018-11-21The Near East since the First World War A History to 1995 (A History of the Near East) 2nd Edition
- 2018-09-08The First Sense A Philosophical Study of Human Touch
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The First Leathernecks: A Combat History of the U.S. Marines from Inception to the Halls of Montezuma
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The First Jewish Revolt: Archaeology, History and Ideology
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The First Crusade: A New History
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Tracing Your Prisoner of War Ancestors: The First World War (Family History (Pen & Sword))
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Shoulders of Giants: A History of Human Flight to 1919 (Helix Books)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The First Jewish Revolt: Archaeology, History and Ideology
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Shoulders of Giants: A History of Human Flight to 1919 (Helix Books)
- 2014-04-19The First Leathernecks: A Combat History of the U.S. Marines from Inception to the Halls of Montezuma
- 2014-03-18The First Leathernecks: A Combat History of the U.S. Marines from Inception to the Halls of Montezuma
- 2014-01-08The First Crusade: A New History (Repost)
- 2013-06-28Delivered from Evil: The Saga of World War II: The First Complete One-Volume History
- 2013-06-06Delivered from Evil: The Saga of World War II: The First Complete One-Volume History
- 2013-04-14The First Crusade: A New History
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.