Posted on 2021-01-13, by Germany2020.
The Forgiveness Tour: How To Find the Perfect Apology by Susan Shapiro
English | January 12th, 2021 | ISBN: 151076271X | 264 pages | True EPUB | 0.88 MB
How Apologies Can Help You Move Forward With Your Life
"To err is human; to forgive divine." But what if the person who hurt you most refuses to apologize or express any regret?
That's the question haunting Manhattan journalist Susan Shapiro when her trusted advisor of fifteen years repeatedly lies to her. Stunned by the betrayal, she can barely eat or sleep. She's always seen herself as big-hearted and benevolent, someone who will forgive anyone anything - as long as they're remorseful. Yet the addiction specialist who helped her quit smoking, drinking and drugs after decades of self-destruction won't explain - or stop - his ongoing deceit, leaving her blindsided. Her crisis management strategy is becoming her crisis.
To protect her sanity and sobriety, Shapiro ends their relationship and vows they'll never speak again. Yet ghosting him doesn't end her distress. She has screaming arguments with him in her mind, relives their fallout in panicked nightmares and even lights a candle, chanting a secret Yiddish curse to exact revenge.
In her entrancing, heartfelt new memoir The Forgiveness Tour: How to Find the Perfect Apology, Shapiro wrestles with how to exonerate someone who can't cough up a measly "my bad" or mumble "mea culpa." Seeking wisdom, she explores the billion-dollar Forgiveness Industry touting the personal benefits of absolution, where the only choice on every channel is: radical forgiveness. She fears it's all bullshit.
Desperate for enlightenment, she surveys her old rabbis, as well as religious leaders from every denomination. Unable to reconcile all the confusing abstractions, she embarks on a cross country journey where she interviews people who suffered unforgivable wrongs that were never atoned: victims of genocides, sexual assault, infidelity, cruelty and racism. A Holocaust survivor in D.C. admits he's thrived from spite. A Michigan man meets with the drunk driver who killed his wife and children. A daughter in Seattle grapples with her mother - who stayed married to the father who raped her. Knowing their estrangement isn't her fault, a Florida mom spends eight years apologizing to her son anyway -with surprising results. Does love mean forever having to say you're sorry?
Critics praised Shapiro's previous memoir Lighting Up: How I Stopped Smoking, Drinking and Everything Else I Loved in Life Except Sex as fiercely honest, fascinating, funny and "a mind-bendingly good read." Now the bestselling author and popular writing professor returns with a darker, wiser follow up, addressing the universal enigma of blind forgiving.
Shapiro's brilliant new gurus sooth her broken psyche and answer her burning mystery: How can you forgive someone without an apology? Does she? Should you?
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 46197
- 2020-05-26Attract The Right Girl How To Find Your Perfect Girl And Make Her Chase You Fo
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Attract The Right Girl: How To Find Your Perfect Girl And Make Her Chase You For A Relationship
- 2020-11-05The Perfect Fit: This pandemic, find out how you can be the perfect fit for that IT job you have been eyeing for!
- 2019-12-10How to Find The Perfect Virtual Assistant For Your Business
- 2019-03-12How to Find The Perfect Virtual Assistant For Your Business
- 2014-05-26The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality
- 2014-05-02The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality (repost)
- 2014-01-01The Secrets of Making Love Happen: How to Find, Attract & Choose Your Perfect Mate (Repost)
- 2012-10-22The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality (Repost)
- 2012-07-24The Secrets of Making Love Happen: How to Find, Attract & Choose Your Perfect Mate Using Handwriting Analysis & Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- 2011-11-15The Perfect Prince
- 2011-10-26The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality
- 2010-05-30The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality
- 2010-05-13The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality
- 2010-04-05The Secrets of Making Love Happen: How to Find, Attract & Choose Your Perfect Mate Using Handwriting Analysis & Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- 2010-02-05How to find the perfect color
- 2009-07-05The Secrets of Making Love Happen: How to Find, Attract & Choose Your Perfect Mate
- 2007-12-0501 Lesson: Beautiful Women Prefer Nerds! A Real Man's Guide on How to Find, Date, and Romance the Perfect Woman
- 2007-11-1501 Lesson: Beautiful Women Prefer Nerds! A Real Man's Guide on How to Find, Date, and Romance the Perfect Woman
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.