Posted on 2009-09-21. By anonymous.
The MIT Press; 1st edition (June 1, 2004) | English | 0262033216 | 933 pages | PDF | 13.34 MB
This landmark reference work brings together for the first time in one volume the most recent research from different areas of the emerging field of multisensory integration. After many years of using a modality-specific "sense by sense" approach, researchers across different disciplines in neuroscience and psychology now recognize that perception is fundamentally a multisensory experience. To understand how the brain synthesizes information from the different senses, we must study not only how information from each sensory modality is decoded but also how this information interacts with the sensory processing taking place within other sensory channels. The findings cited in The Handbook of Multisensory Processes suggest that there are broad underlying principles that govern this interaction, regardless of the specific senses involved.
The book is organized thematically into eight sections; each of the 55 chapters presents a state-of-the-art review of its topic by leading researchers in the field. The key themes addressed include multisensory contributions to perception in humans; whether the sensory integration involved in speech perception is fundamentally different from other kinds of multisensory integration; multisensory processing in the midbrain and cortex in model species, including rat, cat, and monkey; behavioral consequences of multisensory integration; modern neuroimaging techniques, including EEG, PET, and fMRI, now being used to reveal the many sites of multisensory processing in the brain; multisensory processes that require postnatal sensory experience to emerge, with examples from multiple species; brain specialization and possible equivalence of brain regions; and clinical studies of such breakdowns of normal sensory integration as brain damage and synesthesia.
- Ebooks list page : 3493
- 2012-01-25The Handbook of Multisensory Processes
- 2014-01-02The Handbook of Multisensory Processes (repost)
- 2012-01-25The Handbook of Multisensory Processes (Repost)
- 2007-06-13The Handbook Of Multisensory Processes
- 2007-06-04The Handbook of Multisensory Processes
- 2011-10-28Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness (Bradford Books)
- 2011-10-01The Revision Theory of Truth (Bradford Books)
- 2011-08-07The Mechanical Mind in History (Bradford Books)
- 2011-08-01Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness (Bradford Books)
- 2011-07-13The Mechanical Mind in History (Bradford Books)
- 2011-07-07The Illusion of Conscious Will (Bradford Books)
- 2011-06-16Reflections and Replies: Essays on the Philosophy of Tyler Burge (Bradford Books)
- 2011-06-07Neither Brain nor Ghost: A Nondualist Alternative to the Mind-Brain Identity Theory (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Revision Theory of Truth (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Neither Brain nor Ghost: A Nondualist Alternative to the Mind-Brain Identity Theory (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Random Processes (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Neither Brain nor Ghost: A Nondualist Alternative to the Mind-Brain Identity Theory (Bradford Books)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Revision Theory of Truth (Bradford Books)
- 2012-01-06Introduction to the Theory of Random Processes (Dover Books on Mathematics) - Iosif I. Gikhman
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.