Posted on 2021-01-13, by Germany2020.
Martin Gegner, Bart Ziino, "The Heritage of War"
English | 2011 | ISBN: 0415593298 | PDF | pages: 281 | 2.4 mb
The Heritage of War is an interdisciplinary study of the ways in which heritage is mobilized in remembering war, and in reconstructing landscapes, political systems and identities after conflict. It examines the deeply contested nature of war heritage in a series of places and contexts, highlighting the modes by which governments, communities, and individuals claim validity for their own experiences of war, and the meanings they attach to them.
From colonizing violence in South America to the United States' Civil War, the Second World War on three continents, genocide in Rwanda and continuing divisions in Europe and the Middle East, these studies bring us closer to the very processes of heritage production. The Heritage of War uncovers the histories of heritage: it charts the constant social and political construction of heritage sites over time, by a series of different agents, and explores the continuous reworking of meaning into the present.
What are the forces of contingency, agency and political power that produce, define and sustain the heritage of war? How do particular versions of the past and particular identities gain legitimacy, while others are marginalised? In this book contributors explore the active work by which heritage is produced and reproduced in a series of case studies of memorialization, battlefield preservation, tourism development, private remembering and urban reconstruction. These are the acts of making sense of war; they are acts that continue long after violent conflict itself has ended.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 46197
- 2012-05-19German Helmets Of The Second World War Vol.2
- 2012-06-03The Spicer Web: The Romance of a Flying-Boat Flight in the First World War
- 2012-06-03The Flags of Civil War Alabama
- 2012-05-16The Sniper at War: From the American Revolutionary War to the Present Day
- 2011-10-09The Biograph in Battle: Its Story in the South African War Related With Personal Experiences
- 2011-10-05The Biology of War
- 2018-11-15The Archaeology of the Second World War Uncovering Britain's Wartime Heritage
- 2017-11-12[PDF] THE ARCHAEOLOGY OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR: Uncovering Britain's Wartime Heritage
- 2013-11-12The Ottoman Crimean War (1853-1856) (The Ottoman Empire and its Heritage â„–44)
- 2013-07-27The American Civil War (Heritage Auction â„–6024)
- 2012-06-03The Sherman at War: (2) The US Army in the European Theater 1943-45 (Concord 7036)
- 2012-04-11The Royal Armoured Corps Tank Museum (part 3).The Second World War 1940-1946
- 2012-02-26Disunion!: The Coming of the American Civil War, 1789-1859 (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era) - Lzabth R.Varon
- 2012-01-30God’s Almost Chosen Peoples: A Religious History of the American Civil War (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era) - George C. Rable - Removed
- 2012-01-17Entangled Geographies: Empire and Technopolitics in the Global Cold War (Inside Technology) - Gabrielle Hecht
- 2012-01-14God’s Almost Chosen Peoples: A Religious History of the American Civil War (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era) - George C. Rable - Removed
- 2012-01-08Lincoln on Trial: Southern Civilians and the Law of War - Burrus M. Carnahan
- 2012-01-01Entangled Geographies: Empire and Technopolitics in the Global Cold War (Inside Technology) - Gabrielle Hecht
- 2011-12-16Entangled Geographies: Empire and Technopolitics in the Global Cold War (Inside Technology) - Gabrielle Hecht
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.