Posted on 2021-03-21, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B0896P2MKD | 2021 | 14 hours and 51 minutes |
An intimate, heart-wrenching portrait of one small hospital that reveals the magnitude of America's health care crises.By following the struggle for survival of one small-town hospital, and the patients who walk, or are carried, through its doors, The Hospital takes listeners into the world of the American medical industry in a way no audiobook has done before. Americans are dying sooner, and living in poorer health. Alexander argues that no plan will solve America's health crisis until the deeper causes of that crisis are addressed.
Bryan, Ohio's hospital, is losing money, making it vulnerable to big health systems seeking domination and Phil Ennen, CEO, has been fighting to preserve its independence. Meanwhile, Bryan, a town of 8,500 people in Ohio's northwest corner, is still trying to recover from the Great Recession. As local leaders struggle to address the town's problems, and the hospital fights for its life amid a rapidly consolidating medical and hospital industry, a 39-year-old diabetic literally fights for his limbs, and a 55-year-old contractor lies dying in the emergency room. With these and other stories, Alexander strips away the wonkiness of policy to reveal Americans' struggle for health against a powerful system that's stacked against them, but yet so fragile it blows apart when the pandemic hits. Culminating with COVID-19, this audiobook offers a blueprint for how we created the crisis we're in.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46900
- 2020-09-14In the Mountains of Madness: The Life, Death, and Extraordinary Afterlife of H.P. Lovecraft [Audiobook]
- 2009-07-05Heart of the Game: Life, Death, and Mercy in Minor League America
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business [Audiobook]
- 2014-04-19The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business (Audiobook)
- 2014-04-07The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business (Audiobook)
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2011-12-02The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City
- 2011-08-30The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City
- 2021-04-02Many Different Kinds of Love: A story of life, death and the NHS
- 2021-03-25A Thousand May Fall: Life, Death, and Survival in the Union Army (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-10A Thousand May Fall: Life, Death, and Survival in the Union Army
- 2021-03-02The Charisma Machine: The Life, Death, and Legacy of One Laptop per Child (Infrastructures)
- 2021-02-11A Thousand May Fall: Life, Death, and Survival in the Union Army
- 2021-01-26A Thousand May Fall Life, Death, and Survival in the Union Army
- 2020-09-14The Wheel of Time: The Shamans of Mexico Their Thoughts about Life Death and the Universe [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-16The Hotel on Place Vendome: Life, Death, and Betrayal at the Hotel Ritz in Paris
- 2020-07-13How Your Words Affect Your Life: Death and life is in the power of the tongue
- 2020-06-14The Némirovsky Question: The Life, Death, and Legacy of a Jewish Writer in Twentieth-Century France
- 2020-04-21From the Mouths of Dogs: What Our Pets Teach Us about Life, Death, and Being Human
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.