Posted on 2021-01-07, by nokia241186.
English | October 20, 2009 | ISBN: 0385665326, 0385665334 | EPUB | 320 pages | 3.4 MB
A thrilling account of suffering and survival, The Ice Passage charts an epic quest from desire to destiny.
It begins as a mission of mercy. Four and a half years after the disappearance of Arctic explorer Sir John Franklin and his two ships, HMS Investigator sets sail in search of them. Instead of rescuing lost comrades, the Investigator's officers and crew soon find themselves trapped in their own ordeal, facing starvation, madness, and death on the unknown Polar Sea. If only they can save themselves, they will bring back news of perhaps the greatest maritime achievement of the age: their discovery of the elusive Northwest Passage between Europe and the Orient.
In addition to their Great Success, the "Investigators" are the first Europeans to contact the Inuit of the western Arctic archipelago, and the first to record sustained observations of the local wildlife and climate. But the cost of hubris, ignorance, daring, and deceit is soon laid bare. In the face of catastrophe, a desperate rescue plan is made to send away the weakest men to meet their fate on the ice.
In a narrative rich with insight and grace, Brian Payton reconstructs the final voyage of the Investigator and the trials of her officers and crew. Drawing on long-forgotten journals, transcripts, and correspondence - some never before published - Payton weaves an astonishing tale of endurance. Along the way, he vividly evokes an Arctic wilderness we now stand to lose.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46074
- 2018-09-23The Ice Passage A True Story of Ambition, Disaster, and Endurance in the Arctic Wilderness
- 2018-07-22The Ice Passage A True Story of Ambition, Disaster, and Endurance in the Arctic Wilderness
- 2011-11-28How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2020-06-30Once Upon a Time in Russia: The Rise of the Oligarchs―A True Story of Ambition, Wealth, Betrayal, and Murder
- 2021-09-21The Last Duel A True Story of Crime, Scandal, and Trial by Combat in Medieval France [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-03The Gambler Wife A True Story of Love, Risk, and the Woman Who Saved Dostoyevsky
- 2021-08-17No Place For The Weak A True Story Of Deviance, Torture And Social Cleansing [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-17Murder Machine A True Story Of Murder, Madness, And The Mafia [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-08Goat Castle A True Story of Murder, Race, and the Gothic South
- 2021-07-31The Woman Who Smashed Codes A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America's Enemies (Audiobook)
- 2021-07-31The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America's Enemies (A...
- 2021-07-30The Way of King Arthur The True Story of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table
- 2021-07-19Crashing Through A True Story of Risk, Adventure, and the Man Who Dared to See by Robert Kurson
- 2021-06-20Murder Machine A True Story of Murder, Madness, and the Mafia [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-19Murder Machine: A True Story of Murder, Madness, and the Mafia [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-23No Apparent Danger: The True Story of Volcanic Disaster at Galeras and Nevado Del Ruiz
- 2021-04-14No Apparent Danger: The True Story of Volcanic Disaster at Galeras and Nevado Del Ruiz
- 2021-04-10No Apparent Danger: The True Story of Volcanic Disaster at Galeras and Nevado Del Ruiz
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.