Posted on 2019-04-27, by Germany2020.
Artist: The Main Ingredient
Year Of Release: 1970-2018
Genre: Soul, R&B, Funk
Quality: FLAC (tracks/tracks+.cue,log)
Total Time: 09:52:02
Total Size: 3,67 Gb
The Main Ingredient is an American soul and R&B group best known for their 1972 hit song "Everybody Plays the Fool".
The group was formed in Harlem, New York City in 1964 as a trio called the Poets, composed of lead singer Donald McPherson, Luther Simmons, Jr., and Panama-born Tony Silvester. They made their first recordings for Leiber & Stoller's Red Bird label, but soon changed their name to the Insiders and signed with RCA. After a couple of singles, they changed their name once again in 1968, this time permanently to the Main Ingredient, taking the name from a Coke bottle.
The Main Ingredient then teamed up with record producer Bert DeCoteaux. Under his direction, the Main Ingredient reached the R&B Top 30 for the first time in 1970 with "You've Been My Inspiration". A cover of The Impressions' "I'm So Proud" broke the Top 20, and "Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling in Love)" went into the Top 10. They scored again with the McPherson-penned black power anthem "Black Seeds Keep on Growing," but tragedy struck in 1971. Don McPherson, who had suddenly taken ill with leukemia, died unexpectedly. Stunned,Tony Silvester and Luther Simmons regrouped with new lead singer Cuba Gooding, Sr., who had served as a backing vocalist on some of their previous recordings and had filled in on tour during McPherson's brief illness.
The Gooding era began auspiciously enough with the million-selling smash "Everybody Plays the Fool", which hit number two R&B and number three pop to become the group's biggest hit. It sold over one million copies and was awarded a gold disc by the R.I.A.A. in September 1972. The accompanying album, Bitter Sweet, became their first to hit the Top 10 on the R&B album chart; its follow-up, 1973's Afrodisiac, featured several songs written or co-written by Stevie Wonder, although it did not produce any huge successes on the singles charts. They peaked at number eight on the R&B chart in 1974 with "Just Don't Want to Be Lonely", which sold over a million copies, and also reached number ten on the Billboard Hot 100. The track peaked at number twenty-seven in the UK Singles Chart in July 1974, although it was their only chart presence in the UK. In 1975, the group recorded several songs co-written by Leon Ware, including the R&B Top Ten "Rolling Down a Mountainside". By this point, however, Tony Silvester was harboring other ambitions; he released a solo album called Magic Touch that year, and left the group to form a production team with DeCoteaux.The two of them scored a Top 10 Pop and R&B smash with their production of Ben E.King's hit "Supernatural Thing" in 1975.
1970 - Tasteful Soul *
1972 - Bitter Sweet
1973 - Afrodisiac
1974 - Euphrates River
1975 - Rolling Down A Mountainside
1977 - Music Maximus
1996 - A Quiet Storm *
2008 - Shame On The World + I Only Have Eyes For You [Expansion]
2010 - Tasteful Soul & Bitter Sweet
2018 - Brotherly Love The RCA Anthology *
- Ebooks list page : 40331
- 2019-04-26Kiki Dee - Collection (1970-2018)
- 2019-02-22VA - Kontor Top Of The Clubs The Ultimate House Collection 3CD (2018)
- 2019-02-05VA - Kontor Top Of The Clubs The Ultimate House Collection 3CD (2018)
- 2019-02-05VA - The Ultimate Classical Collection (3CD, 2018)
- 2019-02-03VA - The Ultimate Classical Collection 3CD (2018)
- 2019-01-10VA - The Different Attitudes Collection 003 (2018)
- 2018-03-10The Pixel Lab Collection Products 2018
- 2019-08-21VA 60s Hits: The Ultimate Collection (5CD, 2018) FLAC
- 2019-08-10VA 60s Hits: The Ultimate Collection (5CD, 2018) FLAC
- 2019-08-02 @(Precious) - Why You Should Read To Wed The Widow (The Reluctant Bride Collection, #3) by Megan Bryce Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2019-07-22_ (A-Z Books) - Why You Should Read The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3 by Lindsay Buroker Online or Download [@PDF @EPUB @MOBI]
- 2019-07-15#(Best) - Why You Should Read The Anne Boleyn Collection: The Real Truth about the Tudors by Claire Ridgway Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2019-07-11@(Good) - Why You Should Read Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Audio Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-07-03#(First-rate) - Why You Should Read Alpha Bully (The Alpha Shifter Collection #5) by Sam Crescent Online or Download [EPUB, PDF, MOBI]
- 2019-04-17The Les Humphries Singers - Collection (1970-2009)
- 2019-04-16Tangerine Dream - The Pink Years Albums 1970-1973 [4CD Remastered Box Set] (2018)
- 2019-01-10VA - Christmas - The Ultimate Collection 5CD (2018)
- 2019-01-10VA - The Annual Collection '18 (2018)
- 2018-12-10David Ian - The Vintage Christmas Collection (2018)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.