Posted on 2018-07-08, by nokia241186.
Charles R. Shrader, "The Muslim-Croat Civil War in Central Bosnia: A Military History, 1992-1994"
2003 | pages: 246 | ISBN: 1585442615 | PDF | 2,9 mb
In The Muslim-Croat Civil War in Central Bosnia, 1992-1994 Charles R. Shrader offers the first full-scale military history of a crucial conflict in Bosnia between two former allies. When the Bosnian Serbs and their Serbian allies attacked Bosnia-Herzegovina in March, 1992, the Bosnian Croats and Muslims collaborated to defend themselves. As Serbian pressure increased and it became clear that the West would not intervene, the two allies began to stake out their own claims.
Drawing on testimony and exhibits from cases presented before the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, Shrader describes the organization and tactical doctrine of the Croatian Defense Forces and the Muslim-led Army of Bosnia-Herzegovina. He analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the two sides in such fields as communications, training, and logistics. He assesses not only the problems of command and control in the newly formed armies, but also the impact of criminal activity, the mujahedeen, and the intervention of peacekeeping forces.
What looked to many like aggression by the Bosnian Croats, Shrader views as the adoption of an "active defense," a doctrine embraced by U. S. forces, against a predatory Muslim force. He believes UN and European observes rushed to judgment regarding the aggressive intent of the Croatian command. Far from being the attackers, Shrader concludes, the Bosnian Croats in Central Bosnia were clearly outnumbered, outgunned, and on the defensive. Surrounded by superior Muslim forces, they barely held out in their enclaves in the Lasva Valley until a cease-fire was achieved in February 1994.
Although Shrader's work is a detailed, meticulous, analysis by a neutral expert, not everyone will find his conclusions comfortable. But every serious student of the conflict in Bosnia will have to take his history into account. Enhanced by maps, useful appendices, and a glossary, this should become the standard work on military operations in Central Bosnia and a useful case study of internal warfare and ethnic conflict.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36629
- 2012-06-03The Flags of Civil War Alabama
- 2012-05-16The Illustrated Directory of Uniforms, Weapons, and Equipment of the Civil War
- 2009-02-13The English Civil War, 1642-1651: An Illustrated Military History
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2012-05-16The Horse Soldier 1776-1943 Vol.IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II 1917-1943
- 2012-03-13Civil War Poster Book
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-12-04No Greater Ally: The Untold Story of Poland's Forces in World War II (Osprey General Military) - No Greater Ally, The Untold Story, World War, Osprey General Military
- 2011-11-25America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2021-02-10Freedom on Trial: The First Post Civil War Battle over Civil Rights and Voter Suppression [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-30The Glades S04E11 Civil War 1080p WEBRip 10Bit DDP5 1 H265-d3g
- 2020-10-12The U.S. Civil War: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- 2019-07-21The Curse Of Civil War Gold S02e10 720p Web H264-cookiemonster
- 2019-07-21The Curse Of Civil War Gold S02e10 Web H264-cookiemonster
- 2019-01-31Slavery and the Abolition Movement (Civil War)
- 2018-05-10Slavery on the Periphery The Kansas-Missouri Border in the Antebellum and Civil War Eras
- 2018-04-02The Power of Good People: Surviving the Sri Lankan Civil War
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Nations Torn Asunder: The Challenge of Civil War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.