Posted on 2018-08-18, by manhneovn.
Albert Ellis, "The Myth of Self-esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever"
2005 | ISBN-10: 1591023548 | 340 pages | MOBI | 5 MB
What exactly is self-esteem? Most people, as well as many psychologists and educators, believe we need it, that it's good for our emotional well-being, and that it makes us more successful. World-renowned psychologist Albert Ellis says NO, it's all a myth.
According to Ellis, self-esteem is probably the greatest emotional disturbance known to humans. Self-esteem results in each of us praising ourselves when what we do is approved by others. But we also damn ourselves when we don't do well enough and others disapprove of us. What we need more than self-esteem, Ellis maintains, is self-acceptance!
In The Myth of Self-Esteem, Ellis provides a lively and insightful explanation of self-esteem and self-acceptance, examining the thinking of great religious teachers, philosophers, and psychologists, including Lao Tsu, Jesus, Spinoza, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Buber, Heidegger, Sartre, Tillich, D.T. Suzuki, the Dalai Lama, Carl Rogers, and Nathaniel Branden, among others. He then provides exercises for training oneself to change self-defeating habits to the healthy, positive approach of self-acceptance. These include specific thinking techniques as well as emotive and behavioral exercises.
He concludes by stressing that unconditional self-acceptance is the basis for establishing healthy relationships with others, along with unconditional other-acceptance and a total philosophy of life anchored in unconditional life-acceptance.
- Ebooks list page : 36987
- 2018-08-16The Myth of Self-esteem How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2018-08-11The Myth of Self-esteem How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Naked Executive: How Being Honest Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2011-02-15Unfinished Evolution: How a New Age Revival Can Change Your Life and Save the World
- 2009-11-27Unfinished Evolution: How a New Age Revival Can Change Your Life and Save the World
- 2012-11-0729 Gifts How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2012-01-2029 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life
- 2020-01-09The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Rebt Course
- 2019-10-28The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT Course
- 2019-10-21The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Course
- 2019-10-07The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT Course
- 2019-10-02The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Course
- 2009-08-04The Practice of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, 2nd Edition
- 2020-10-08Discover How The Power Of Discipline Can Change Your Life
- 2020-05-06Discover How the Power of Discipline Can Change Your Life
- 2020-05-01The Secret Female Hormone: How Testosterone Replacement Can Change Your Life
- 2020-01-02A Pebble for Your Thoughts: How One Kindness Rock At the Right Moment Can Change Your Life
- 2019-01-31Cognitive and Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy with Couples Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2019-01-11Cognitive and Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy with Couples Theory and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.