The Nom Wah Cookbook Recipes and Stories from 100 Years at New York City's Iconic Dim Sum Restaurant [Audiobook]
Posted on 2020-11-20, by mitsumi.
English | ASIN: B0844QJTTW | 2020 | MP3@64 kbps | ~04:05:00 | 119 MB
For the last 100 years, Nom Wah Tea Parlor has been slinging some of the world's greatest dim sum from New York's Chinatown. Now owner Wilson Tang tells the story of how the restaurant came to be - and how to prepare their legendary dishes in your own home.
Nom Wah Tea Parlor isn't simply the story of dumplings, though there are many folds to it. It isn't the story of bao, though there is much filling. It's not just the story of dim sum, although there are scores and scores of recipes. It's the story of a community of Chinese immigrants who struggled, flourished, cooked, and ate with abandon in New York City. (Who now struggle, flourish, cook, and eat with abandon in New York City.) It's a journey that begins in Toishan, runs through Hong Kong, and ends up tucked into the corner of a street once called The Bloody Angle.
In this book, Nom Wah's owner, Wilson Tang, takes us into the hardworking kitchen of Nom Wah and emerges with 75 easy-to-make recipes: from bao to vegetables, noodles to desserts, cakes, rice rolls, chef's specials, dumplings, and more.
We're also introduced to characters like Mei Lum, the fifth-generation owner of porcelain shop Wing on Wo, and Joanne Kwong, the lawyer-turned-owner of Pearl River Mart. He paints a portrait of what Chinatown in New York City is in 2020. As Wilson, who quit a job in finance to take over the once-ailing family business, struggles with the dilemma of immigrant children - to jettison tradition or to cling to it - he also points to a new way: to savor tradition while moving forward.
A book for har gow lovers and rice roll junkies, The Nom Wah Cookbook portrays a culture at a crossroads.
Supplemental enhancement PDF accompanies the audiobook.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Ebooks list page : 45314
- 2020-11-07The Nom Wah Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from 100 Years at New York City's Iconic Dim Sum Restaurant [Audiobook]
- 2020-06-26The B T C Old Fashioned Grocery Cookbook Recipes and Stories from a Southern Re...
- 2018-06-27The Austin Cookbook Recipes and Stories from Deep in the Heart of Texas
- 2018-04-01The Austin Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from Deep in the Heart of Texas
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Revival
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Revival
- 2018-07-25The Foreign Cinema Cookbook: Recipes and Stories Under the Stars
- 2018-06-29The Foreign Cinema Cookbook Recipes and Stories Under the Stars
- 2018-05-26The Foreign Cinema Cookbook: Recipes and Stories Under the Stars
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence
- 2017-11-13The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Wisdom from an Obsessive Home Cook
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Food of Oman: Recipes and Stories from the Gateway to Arabia
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Cowboy's Cookbook: Recipes and Tales from Campfires, Cookouts, and Chuck Wagons
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage
- 2017-01-01The Tasha Tudor Cookbook Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence
- 2013-11-20The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence
- 2013-02-14Christina's Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from a Northwest Island Kitchen
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.