The Open Society Paradox Why the Twenty-First Century Calls for More Openness--Not Less
Posted on 2020-12-10, by book24h.
Dennis Bailey, "The Open Society Paradox: Why the Twenty-First Century Calls for More Openness-Not Less"
English | 2004 | ISBN: 1574889168 | PDF | pages: 239 | 1.0 mb
How do we ensure security and, at the same time, safeguard civil liberties? The Open Society Paradox challenges the conventional wisdom of those on both sides of the debate―leaders who want unlimited authority and advocates who would sacrifice security for individual privacy protection. It offers a provocative alternative, suggesting that while the very openness of American society has left the United States vulnerable to today's threats, only more of this quality will make the country safer and enhance its citizens' freedom and mobility.Uniquely qualified to address these issues, Dennis Bailey argues that the solution is not to create a police state that restricts liberties but, paradoxically, to embrace greater openness. Through new technologies that engender transparency, including secure information, biometrics, surveillance, facial recognition, and data mining, society can remove the anonymity of the ill-intentioned while revitalizing the notions of trust and accountability and enhancing freedom for most Americans. He explores the impact of greater transparency on our lives, our relationships, and our liberties. The Open Society Paradox is a brave exploration of how to realign our traditional assumptions about privacy with a twenty-first-century concept of an open society.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
7018 dl's @ 2904 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
7140 dl's @ 2520 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5443 dl's @ 3307 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...The Open Society Paradox Why the Twenty-First Century Calls for More Openness--Not Less
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 45656
- 2019-11-30Economic Development in the Twenty-first Century: Lessons for Africa Throughout History (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2019-04-28Economic Development in the Twenty-first Century: Lessons for Africa Throughout History
- 2019-01-31Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes - Removed
- 2019-01-14Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes
- 2021-08-17Open Demacy Reinventing Popular Rule For The Twenty First Century (true )
- 2020-11-23Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty First Century: The Hierarchy of Energy [MOBI]
- 2020-10-09Open Democracy: Reinventing Popular Rule for the Twenty First Century
- 2020-05-07Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2020-04-29Anthropology and Development: Challenges for the Twenty-First Century (Anthropology, Culture & Society)
- 2020-03-09Why Latin American Nations Fail: Development Strategies in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-12-08Humanomics: Moral Sentiments and the Wealth of Nations for the Twenty-First Century (Cambridge Studies in Economics, Choice, and Society)
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read This Is an Uprising: How Nonviolent Revolt Is Shaping the Twenty-First Century by Mark Engler Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB] - Removed
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2019-03-26The Virtual Haydn Paradox of a Twenty-First-Century Keyboardist
- 2019-01-30Fun Inc. Why Gaming Will Dominate the Twenty-First Century [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-25The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-15Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-11Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-11The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
No comments for "The Open Society Paradox Why the Twenty-First Century Calls for More Openness--Not Less".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.