Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
John Peter Oleson, "The Oxford Handbook of Engineering and Technology in the Classical World "
English | ISBN: 0195187318 | 2008 | 896 pages | PDF | 47 MB
Nearly every aspect of daily life in the Mediterranean world and Europe during the florescence of the Greek and Roman cultures is relevant to the topics of engineering and technology. This volume highlights both the accomplishments of the ancient societies and the remaining research problems, and stimulates further progress in the history of ancient technology. The subject matter of the book is the technological framework of the Greek and Roman cultures from ca. 800 B.C. through ca. A.D. 500 in the circum-Mediterranean world and Northern Europe. Each chapter discusses a technology or family of technologies from an analytical rather than descriptive point of view, providing a critical summation of our present knowledge of the Greek and Roman accomplishments in the technology concerned and the evolution of their technical capabilities over the chronological period. Each presentation reviews the issues and recent contributions, and defines the capacities and accomplishments of the technology in the context of the society that used it, the available "technological shelf," and the resources consumed. These studies introduce and synthesize the results of excavation or specialized studies. The chapters are organized in sections progressing from sources (written and representational) to primary (e.g., mining, metallurgy, agriculture) and secondary (e.g., woodworking, glass production, food preparation, textile production and leather-working) production, to technologies of social organization and interaction (e.g., roads, bridges, ships, harbors, warfare and fortification), and finally to studies of general social issues (e.g., writing, timekeeping, measurement, scientific instruments, attitudes toward technology and innovation) and the relevance of ethnographic methods to the study of classical technology. The unrivalled breadth and depth of this volume make it the definitive reference work for students and academics across the spectrum of classical studies.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40854
- 2012-04-27[request]Sea Clutter: Scattering, the K-Distribution and Radar Performance - Removed
- 2008-02-25[request]IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition : (BS 7671: 2008)
- 2008-05-28[request]High Voltage Engineering and Testing - Removed
- 2011-09-30Oxford Handbook of Nanoscience and Technology: Volume 1: Basic Aspects (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2010-07-29Oxford Handbook of Nanoscience and Technology: Volume 3: Applications (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-06-28Telecommunications Network Modelling, Planning and Design (BT Communications Technology) - Removed
- 2011-03-06Telecommunications Network Modelling, Planning and Design (BT Communications Technology) - Removed
- 2012-10-02Microwave Antenna Theory and Design (IEEE Electromagnetic Waves Series) - Removed
- 2012-05-30Oxford Handbook of Accident and Emergency Medicine 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2012-05-26Oxford Handbook of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation - Removed
- 2012-05-11Oxford Handbook of Accident and Emergency Medicine 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2011-12-28The Oxford Handbook of British and Irish War Poetry (Oxford Handbooks of Literature) - Tim Kendall - Removed
- 2011-12-24The Oxford Handbook of British and Irish War Poetry (Oxford Handbooks of Literature) - Tim Kendall
- 2011-12-23The Oxford Handbook of British and Irish War Poetry (Oxford Handbooks of Literature) - Tim Kendall
- 2011-12-15The Oxford Handbook of British and Irish War Poetry (Oxford Handbooks of Literature) - Tim Kendall
- 2011-11-25Microwave Antenna Theory and Design (IEEE Electromagnetic Waves Series) - Removed
- 2011-11-05The Oxford Handbook of British and Irish War Poetry
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.