Posted on 2019-08-13, by nokia241186.
English | May 16, 2017 | Kbps | ASIN: B06XTYHMS1 | Duration: 5 h 01 m | 137 MB
James Kakalios (Author), Jonathan Todd Ross (Narrator)
Physics professor, best-selling author, and dynamic storyteller James Kakalios reveals the mind-bending science behind the seemingly basic things that keep our daily lives running, from our smartphones and digital "clouds" to X-ray machines and hybrid vehicles.
Most of us are clueless when it comes to the physics that makes our modern world so convenient. What's the simple science behind motion sensors, touch screens, and toasters? How do we glide through tolls using an E-ZPass or find our way to new places using GPS? In The Physics of Everyday Things, James Kakalios takes us on an amazing journey into the subatomic marvels that underlie so much of what we use and take for granted.
Breaking down the world of things into a single day, Kakalios engages our curiosity about how our refrigerators keep food cool, how a plane manages to remain airborne, and how our wrist fitness monitors keep track of our steps. Each explanation is coupled with a story revealing the interplay of the astonishing invisible forces that surround us. Through this "narrative physics," The Physics of Everyday Things demonstrates that - far from the abstractions conjured by terms like the Higgs boson, black holes, and gravity waves - sophisticated science is also quite practical. With his signature clarity and inventiveness, Kakalios ignites our imaginations and enthralls us with the principles that make up our lives.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41113
- 2020-02-16The Physics of Everyday Things: The Extraordinary Science Behind an Ordinary Day
- 2017-07-14The Physics Of Everyday Things The Extraordinary Science Behind An Ordinary Day
- 2011-05-12Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat [Audiobook]
- 2012-01-02Language, Vision, and Music: Selected Papers from the 8th International Workshop on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Galway, Ireland 1999 - International Workshop On The Cognitive Science Of Natural Language Press
- 2017-07-07James Kakalios - The Physics of Everyday Things 2017 RETAiL ePUB eBOOK-DiSTRiBUTiON
- 2019-01-24The Neuroscience of Mindfulness The Astonishing Science behind How Everyday Hobbies Help You Relax
- 2019-01-10The Neuroscience of Mindfulness The Astonishing Science behind How Everyday Hobbies Help You Relax
- 2018-12-25The Neuroscience of Mindfulness The Astonishing Science behind How Everyday Hobbies Help You Rela...
- 2018-12-20The Neuroscience of Mindfulness The Astonishing Science behind How Everyday Hobbies Help You Relax
- 2020-06-02Who Ate the First Oyster The Extraordinary People Behind the Greatest Firsts in - Removed
- 2020-05-17The Sober Truth: Debunking the Bad Science Behind 12-Step Programs and the Rehab Industry
- 2019-12-12The Science of Fortnite: The Real Science Behind the Weapons, Gadgets, Mechanics, and More!
- 2019-10-28Science(ish): The Peculiar Science Behind the Movies
- 2019-07-25^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong by Eric Barker Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-01-31Sybil Exposed The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case
- 2019-01-31Boost Your Brain The New Art and Science Behind Enhanced Brain Performance [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-24DNA Is You! The Marvelous Science Behind Your One-of-a-Kind-ness - Removed
- 2019-01-15Breaking and Entering The Extraordinary Story of a Hacker CalledAlien [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15Sybil Exposed The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.