Posted on 2018-05-10, by nokia241186.
Harris Mylonas, "The Politics of Nation-Building: Making Co-Nationals, Refugees and Minorities"
English | ISBN: 1107661994, 110702045X | 2013 | 282 pages | PDF | 4 MB
What drives a state's choice to assimilate, accommodate, or exclude ethnic groups within its territory? In this pathbreaking work on the international politics of nation-building, Harris Mylonas argues that a state's nation-building policies toward non-core groups - any aggregation of individuals perceived as an unassimilated ethnic group by the ruling elite of a state - are in?uenced by both its foreign policy goals and its relations with the external patrons of these groups. Through a detailed study of the Balkans, Mylonas shows that the way a state treats a non-core group within its own borders is determined largely by whether the state's foreign policy is revisionist or cleaves to the international status quo, and whether it is allied or in rivalry with that group's external patrons. Mylonas explores the effects of external involvement on the salience of cultural differences and the planning of nation-building policies. The Politics of Nation-Building injects international politics into the study of nation-building, building a bridge between international relations and the comparative politics of ethnicity and nationalism. This is the ?rst book to explain systematically how the politics of ethnicity in the international arena determine which groups are assimilated, accommodated, or annihilated by their host states.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36161
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Islamic Law: Local Elites, Colonial Authority, and the Making of the Muslim State
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Politics of Community Building in Urban China (Chinese Worlds)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Politics of Islamic Law: Local Elites, Colonial Authority, and the Making of the Muslim State
- 2016-12-22The Politics of Community Building in Urban China
- 2009-12-20What We Owe Iraq: War and the Ethics of Nation Building
- 2020-08-22Scandalous Economics: Gender and the Politics of Financial Crises (Oxford Studies in Gender and International Relations)
- 2020-05-06State and Nation-Building in Pakistan: Beyond Islam and Security (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- 2020-02-08The Discourse of Physics: Building Knowledge through Language, Mathematics and Image (Routledge Studies in Multimodality)
- 2020-01-02The Politics of New Atheism (Routledge Studies in Religion and Politics)
- 2019-12-08The Politics of Organizational Change (Routledge Focus on Business and Management)
- 2019-01-31The Politics of Everyday Crime in Africa Insecurity, Victimization and Non-ÂState Security Providers
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Politics of Dependency: US Reliance on Mexican Oil and Farm Labor
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Politics of Rural Reform in China: State Policy and Village Predicament in the Early 2000s (Chinese Worlds)
- 2018-01-14Challenging the politics of early intervention; Who's 'saving' children and why
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Politics of Property Rights: Political Instability, Credible Commitments, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1876-1929 (Political Economy of Institutions and Decisions)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Politics of Market Discipline in Latin America: Globalization and Democracy
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Politics of Cyberconflict (Routledge Research in Information Technology and Society)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.