Author: Fareed Zakaria
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
Posted on 2012-01-01, by sharebookfree.
The Post-American World: Release 2.0
Fareed Zakaria | W. W. Norton & Company | 2011 | 336 | English | EPUB
The New York Times bestseller, revised and expanded with a new afterword: the essential update of Fareed Zakaria's international bestseller about America and its shifting position in world affairs.
Fareed Zakariaâ€™s international bestseller The Post-American World pointed to the â€œrise of the restâ€â€”the growth of countries like China, India, Brazil, and othersâ€”as the great story of our time, the story that will undoubtedly shape the future of global power. Since its publication, the trends he identified have proceeded faster than anyone could have anticipated. The 2008 financial crisis turned the world upside down, stalling the United States and other advanced economies. Meanwhile emerging markets have surged ahead, coupling their economic growth with pride, nationalism, and a determination to shape their own future.
In this new edition, Zakaria makes sense of this rapidly changing landscape. With his customary lucidity, insight, and imagination, he draws on lessons from the two great power shifts of the past 500 yearsâ€”the rise of the Western world and the rise of the United Statesâ€”to tell us what we can expect from the third shift, the â€œrise of the rest.â€ The great challenge for Britain was economic decline. The challenge for America now is political decline, for as others have grown in importance, the central role of the United States, especially in the ascendant emerging markets, has already begun to shrink. As Zakaria eloquently argues, Washington needs to begin a serious transformation of its global strategy, moving from its traditional role of dominating hegemon to that of a more pragmatic, honest broker. It must seek to share power, create coalitions, build legitimacy, and define the global agendaâ€”all formidable tasks.
None of this will be easy for the greatest power the world has ever knownâ€”the only power that for so long has really mattered. America stands at a crossroads: In a new global era where the United States no longer dominates the worldwide economy, orchestrates geopolitics, or overwhelms cultures, can the nation continue to thrive?
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 16660
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Post-American World: Release 2.0
- 2013-12-21The Post-American World: Release 2.0
- 2013-04-25The Post-American World: Release 2.0 by Fareed Zakaria
- 2012-10-18download The Post-American World: Release 2.0 by Fareed Zakaria - Removed
- 2012-02-25The Post-American World: Release 2.0 - Fareed Zakaria
- 2011-09-16The Post-American World: Release 2.0
- 2011-09-05The Post-American World
- 2009-02-20The Post-American World
- 2008-12-04The Post-American World (AUDIOBOOK)
- 2012-05-19Mustangs Over Korea: The North American F-51 at War 1950-1953
- 2012-05-16The Horse Soldier 1776-1943 Vol.IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II 1917-1943
- 2011-12-13Christian Prophecy: The Post-Biblical Tradition
- 2011-12-04No Greater Ally: The Untold Story of Poland's Forces in World War II (Osprey General Military) - No Greater Ally, The Untold Story, World War, Osprey General Military
- 2018-11-20Fortress Russia Conspiracy Theories in the Post-Soviet World
- 2018-08-23Inequality and Uneven Development in the Post-Crisis World
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Negotiating Linguistic, Cultural and Social Identities in the Post-Soviet World
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Ethnicity and Ethnic Conflict in the Post-Communist World
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Language of Liberty 1660-1832: Political Discourse and Social Dynamics in the Anglo-American World
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Modern Political Economics: Making Sense of the Post-2008 World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.