Posted on 2018-05-13, by nokia241186.
The Prague Sacramentary: Culture, Religion, and Politics in Late Eighth-Century Bavaria by M. Diesenberger, R. Meens, H.G.E. Rose
English | 2016 | ISBN: 2503549209 | 261 Pages | PDF | 3.6 MB
The Prague Sacramentary is a unique liturgical manuscript which can be very precisely located in a specific social and historical context.
The Prague Sacramentary is a unique liturgical manuscript which can be very precisely located in a specific social and historical context. It was written in the turbulent period when Charlemagne crossed Bavaria to fight the Avars and when his son Pippin rebelled against him, seeking support among the Bavarian nobility. The manuscript can be linked to specific groups of Bavarian elites that had to come to terms with this explosive political situation. It also elucidates the ways in which Christian culture was expressed and experienced in Bavaria at the end of the eighth century. Although Bavaria may be regarded as a periphery from a Frankish perspective, it was certainly no cultural backwater. Because of its geographical position at the crossroads of Italian, Bavarian, and Frankish culture, Bavaria produced unique and intriguing texts and artefacts. One such object is analysed here by a team of experts, shedding renewed light on the earthly and heavenly concerns of an early medieval community in a specific region. It includes a discussion of the topics of the formal invocation of saints, vernacular understandings of Latin texts, marriage, politics, and concerns for ritual purity as well as the well-being of the conflict-ridden Carolingian family.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36180
- 2009-03-27From Civil to Political Religion: The Intersection of Culture, Religion and Politics
- 2010-09-09The War of Gods: Religion and Politics in Latin America (Critical Studies in Latin American and Iberian Cultures)
- 2010-07-31The Colloquy of Montbeliard: Religion and Politics in the Sixteenth Century
- 2010-07-13The Origins of Christian Anti-Internationalism: Conservative Evangelicals and the League of Nations (Religion and Politics)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Origins of the Shi'a: Identity, Ritual, and Sacred Space in Eighth-Century Kufa
- 2014-05-28The Origins of the Shi'a: Identity, Ritual, and Sacred Space in Eighth-Century Kufa
- 2012-01-09Abraham Lincoln in the Post-Heroic Era: History and Memory in Late Twentieth-Century America - Barry Schwartz
- 2011-10-26Barry Schwartz - Abraham Lincoln in the Post-Heroic Era: History and Memory in Late Twentieth-Century America - Removed
- 2011-10-20Abraham Lincoln in the Post-Heroic Era: History and Memory in Late Twentieth-Century America [Repost]
- 2009-12-13Abraham Lincoln in the Post-Heroic Era: History and Memory in Late Twentieth-Century America
- 2018-11-10Religion and Politics in the United States, Eighth Edition
- 2018-08-05Faith and Power Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2018-06-05Sacred Causes The Clash of Religion and Politics, from the Great War to the War on Terror
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Girls of Liberty: The Struggle for Suffrage in Mandatory Palestine (Brandeis Series on Gender, Culture, Religion, and Law & HBI Series on Jewish Women)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Earthly Powers: The Clash of Religion and Politics in Europe, from the French Revolution to the Great War
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Secular State Under Siege: Religion and Politics in Europe and America
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Faith and Power: Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Religion and Politics in the U.S. (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] A World Survey of Religion and the State (Cambridge Studies in Social Theory, Religion and Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.