Posted on 2018-08-08, by nokia241186.
Christopher A. Cooper, "The Resilience of Southern Identity: Why the South Still Matters in the Minds of Its People"
English | ISBN: 1469631059 | 2017 | 160 pages | PDF | 4 MB
The American South has experienced remarkable change over the past half century. Black voter registration has increased, the region's politics have shifted from one-party Democratic to the near-domination of the Republican Party, and in-migration has increased its population manyfold. At the same time, many outward signs of regional distinctiveness have faded-chain restaurants have replaced mom-and-pop diners, and the interstate highway system connects the region to the rest of the country. Given all of these changes, many have argued that southern identity is fading. But here, Christopher A. Cooper and H. Gibbs Knotts show how these changes have allowed for new types of southern identity to emerge. For some, identification with the South has become more about a connection to the region's folkways or to place than about policy or ideology. For others, the contemporary South is all of those things at once-a place where many modern-day southerners navigate the region's confusing and omnipresent history. Regardless of how individuals see the South, this study argues that the region's drastic political, racial, and cultural changes have not lessened the importance of southern identity but have played a key role in keeping regional identification relevant in the twenty-first century.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36893
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2007-05-27Inside the Minds: The Green Company - CEOs from GE Energy, Ben & Jerry%27s,
- 2018-09-24Why Reading Books Still Matters The Power of Literature in Digital Times
- 2018-08-07Why Reading Books Still Matters The Power of Literature in Digital Times
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Head in the Cloud: Why Knowing Things Still Matters When Facts Are So Easy to Look Up
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Head in the Cloud: Why Knowing Things Still Matters When Facts Are So Easy to Look Up
- 2018-09-23The Catholics The Church and its People in Britain and Ireland, from the Reformation to the Present Day
- 2014-05-11The Economist (Intelligence Unit) - The GCC in 2020, The Gulf and its People (2009)
- 2014-05-09The Economist (Intelligence Unit) - The GCC in 2020, The Gulf and its People (2012)
- 2013-12-07"Route 66: The Highway and Its People" by Susan Croce Kelly, Quinta Scott
- 2010-07-09The World and Its People, Reading Essentials and Study Guide
- 2010-06-19The World and Its People, Reading Essentials and Study Guide, Workbook
- 2010-04-10James O'Driscoll - Britain - The Country and Its People
- 2010-04-10Britain - The Country and Its People,Revised edition
- 2008-12-06Route 66: The Highway and Its People By Susan Croce Kelly
- 2008-11-24Route 66: The Highway and Its People - Removed
- 2018-05-14Why Victorian Literature Still Matters
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Why Classical Music Still Matters
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Academic Diary: Or Why Higher Education Still Matters
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.