Author: Keith Jeffery
Publisher: Penguin Press HC, The
Posted on 2011-10-19, by sharebookfree.
The Secret History of MI6
Keith Jeffery | Penguin Press HC, The | 2011-09-19 | 832 pages | English | EPUB
The authorized history of the world's oldest and most storied foreign intelligence service, drawing extensively on hitherto secret documents.
Britain's Secret Intelligence Service (also commonly known as MI6) was born a century ago amid fears of the rising power of other countries, especially Germany. The next forty years saw MI6 taking an increasingly important-and, until now, largely hidden-role in shaping the history of Europe and the world. This thorough, fascinating, and revelatory account draws on a wealth of archival materials never before seen by any outsider to unveil the inner workings of the world's first spy agency.
MI6's early days were haphazard but it was quickly forged into an effective organization in the crucible of World War I. During these war years, MI6 also formed ties with the United States-harbingers of a relationship that would become vital to both countries' security as the century progressed. These early years also saw the development of techniques that would become plot devices in a thousand books and films-forgery, invisible ink, disguises, concealing mechanisms, and much more. The interwar years were nominally peaceful, but Britain perceived numerous threats, all of which MI6 was expected to keep tabs on. The outbreak of World War II once again caught MI6 off balance, and high-profile blunders (and the memoirs of MI6 operatives such as Graham Greene) created an impression of ineffectiveness. At the same time, however, the service was pioneering cryptography at Bletchley Park (where the Enigma code would be broken) and devising the very methods and equipment that would inspire Ian Fleming's novels.
In a way, the aftermath of World War II was as dramatic as the war itself had been, because 1945-49 saw not only the end of the British Empire but also the emergence of a new sort of conflict-the Cold War. We witness MI6 wrestling with these epic developments as it tightens its bonds with the newly christened CIA, changes that would dictate the shape of the service-and the world-for decades to come.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 14584
- 2021-03-20The Secret History of MI6: 1909 1949 [Audiobook]
- 2014-02-28The Secret History of Mi6
- 2013-03-10The Art of Betrayal: The Secret History of MI6: Life and Death in the British Secret Service
- 2012-12-27The Secret History of MI6 (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-07-19The Secret History of MI6: 1909-1949
- 2012-05-27Wonder Woman: The Complete History (2004)
- 2012-05-13The Secret Lives of Pets
- 2012-03-22The Secret of the Veda
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2011-12-12Born Round: The Secret History of a Full-time Eater free ebook download - Removed
- 2011-11-21Tony Bushby - The Secret in the Bible
- 2011-11-12The Little Black Schoolbook: The Secret to Getting Straight as at School and University, Vol. 2: Exams
- 2011-10-10This New Ocean: A History of Project Mercury (The NASA History Series)
- 2011-08-31The Way of the Panda: The Curious History of China's Political Animal - Removed
- 2021-06-06Baseball in the Garden of Eden: The Secret History of the Early Game
- 2021-06-06The Secret History of Here: A Year in the Valley
- 2021-06-02The Secret History of Home Economics: How Trailblazing Women Harnessed the Power of Home and Changed the Way We Live [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-07The Secret History of the American Empire by John Perkins
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.