[share_ebook] The Secret of Natural Readers: How Preschool Children Learn to Read
Posted on 2012-02-24, by honhungoc.
Ada Anbar, "The Secret of Natural Readers: How Preschool Children Learn to Read"Praeger | 2004-10-30 | ISBN: 0275984249 | 232 pages | PDF | 1 MB
It has been recognized since the 1980s that literacy begins to develop a long time before formal schooling begins. In today's literate environment, children start learning to read much as they learn to speak, through playful print interactions with their parents, older siblings, or other adults, beginning in year one. A sharp debate about the best approach to developing early childhood literacy is now brewing between reading instruction experts, who tend to advocate direct instruction of skills, and preschool educators, who know that preschoolers learn best through play. This book provides a model for action that may help to settle the debate.
Interactions that involve the printed word occur spontaneously between young children and adults in the context of daily life activities. This is true, to a greater or lesser degree, in essentially all socioeconomic and cultural environments. Recognizing the critical importance of the early years for the development of literacy, the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the International Reading Association (IRA) formulated, in 1998, a joint position statement regarding early literacy. That statement included a set of general recommendations for teaching practice. But following the Bush administration's No Child Left Behind legislation of January 2002, and the establishment of the Reading First and Early Reading First programs, early childhood educators are now under heavy pressure to be more specific and to issue standards, or shared expectations, for the literacy development of all children below kindergarten age.
Utilizing the actual experiences of six preschool children, The Secret of Natural Readers documents the process of reading development through stories of their early years. The author discusses the implications of natural reading development and its feasibility among preschoolers from different segments of the population. She also spells out, for parents and early childhood teachers, critical information on how preschool children should learn to read.
- Ebooks list page : 17626
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Secret of Natural Readers: How Preschool Children Learn to Read
- 2022-07-17The Secret Man
- 2012-05-13The Secret Lives of Pets
- 2012-03-22The Secret of the Veda
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2011-11-21Tony Bushby - The Secret in the Bible
- 2011-11-12The Little Black Schoolbook: The Secret to Getting Straight as at School and University, Vol. 2: Exams
- 2022-06-25The Secret Life of Secrets - How Our Inner Worlds Shape Well-Being, Relationships, and Who We Are
- 2022-04-17The Secret Language of Maps: How to Tell Visual Stories with Data (Stanford d.school Library)
- 2021-11-28The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- 2021-10-14The Secret Language Of Cats How To Understand Your Cat For A Better Relationship
- 2021-08-11The Decline of Natural Law How American Lawyers Once Used Natural Law and Why They Stopped
- 2021-08-01The Secret World of Weather How to Read Signs in Every Cloud, Breeze, Hill, Street, Plant, Animal, and Dewdrop [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-01The Secret World of Weather How to Read Signs in Every Cloud, Breeze, Hill, Street, Plant, Animal, and Dewdrop [Audio...
- 2020-11-23The Secret Life of Money: How Money Can Be Food for the Soul
- 2020-08-05The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- 2019-08-24The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and ...
- 2019-01-24The Secret Language of Cats How to Understand Your Cat for a Better, Happier Relationship [Audiob
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.