The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and ...
Posted on 2019-08-24, by voska89.
Joseph Henrich - The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
Published: 2017-10-17 | ISBN: 0691178437, 0691166854 | EPUB + MOBI | 464 pages | 8.4 MB
Humans are a puzzling species. On the one hand, we struggle to survive on our own in the wild, often failing to overcome even basic challenges, like obtaining food, building shelters, or avoiding predators. On the other hand, human groups have produced ingenious technologies, sophisticated languages, and complex institutions that have permitted us to successfully expand into a vast range of diverse environments. What has enabled us to dominate the globe, more than any other species, while remaining virtually helpless as lone individuals? This book shows that the secret of our success lies not in our innate intelligence, but in our collective brains―on the ability of human groups to socially interconnect and learn from one another over generations.
Drawing insights from lost European explorers, clever chimpanzees, mobile hunter-gatherers, neuroscientific findings, ancient bones, and the human genome, Joseph Henrich demonstrates how our collective brains have propelled our species' genetic evolution and shaped our biology. Our early capacities for learning from others produced many cultural innovations, such as fire, cooking, water containers, plant knowledge, and projectile weapons, which in turn drove the expansion of our brains and altered our physiology, anatomy, and psychology in crucial ways. Later on, some collective brains generated and recombined powerful concepts, such as the lever, wheel, screw, and writing, while also creating the institutions that continue to alter our motivations and perceptions. Henrich shows how our genetics and biology are inextricably interwoven with cultural evolution, and how culture-gene interactions launched our species on an extraordinary evolutionary trajectory.
Tracking clues from our ancient past to the present, The Secret of Our Success explores how the evolution of both our cultural and social natures produce a collective intelligence that explains both our species' immense success and the origins of human uniqueness.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
7418 dl's @ 2040 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
5487 dl's @ 3423 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5047 dl's @ 3669 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and ...
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 41205
- 2021-11-28The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- 2020-08-05The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- 2022-07-17The Secret Man
- 2022-06-25The Secret Life of Secrets - How Our Inner Worlds Shape Well-Being, Relationships, and Who We Are
- 2020-10-11The Secret of Our Success [Audiobook]
- 2013-11-07The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
- 2013-04-02The Law of Attraction: The Secret of My Success and How to Make It Work for You
- 2012-05-13The Secret Lives of Pets
- 2012-03-22The Secret of the Veda
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2011-11-21Tony Bushby - The Secret in the Bible
- 2011-11-12The Little Black Schoolbook: The Secret to Getting Straight as at School and University, Vol. 2: Exams
- 2023-02-26Skillshare - MOMA Goal Setting - The Secret for Faster Success
- 2023-02-14Fool Proof How Fear of Playing the Sucker Shapes Our Selves and the Social Order-and What We Can Do About It
- 2023-02-13Fool Proof How Fear of Playing the Sucker Shapes Our Selves and the Social Order-and What We Can Do About It [Audiobook]
- 2023-01-08Reactivity How the Gospel Transforms Our Actions and Reactions
- 2022-12-30Humility The Secret Ingredient of Success
No comments for "The Secret of Our Success How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and ...".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.