The Transformation of British and American Naval Policy in the Pre Dreadnought Era: Ideas, Culture and Strategy
Posted on 2020-11-23, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 331932036X | 2016 | 328 pages | EPUB | 2 MB
This volume examines the transformation of British and US naval policy from 1870 to 1889, which resulted in the British Naval Defence Act (1889), the construction of the first modern US battleships, and began the naval arms race which culminated in World War One. In examining the development of strategic thinking in the Royal and US Navies, it overturns conventional wisdom regarding genesis of the Naval Defence Act and the US Navy's about-face from a defensive to an offensive strategic orientation. It pays particular attention to activities of the key individuals in both countries' navies, who were instrumental in transforming their respective services' organizational culture. This study will be of interest not only to historians but to political scientists, sociologists, and others working in the fields of international relations, strategic studies, policy analysis, and military learning, adaptation and innovation. It is also essential reading for those interested in the naval arms race during this period.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 45367
- 2017-07-14The Transformation Of British And American Naval Policy In The Pre Dreadnought Era - Removed
- 2022-01-13The Pre-Crime Society Crime, Culture and Control in the Ultramodern Age
- 2019-12-08Christianizing Asia Minor: Conversion, Communities, and Social Change in the Pre-Constantinian Era
- 2008-02-27Religion, Gender, and Culture in the Pre-Modern World (Religion/Culture/Critique) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] A History of Psycholinguistics: The Pre-Chomskyan Era
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Roman Festivals in the Greek East: From the Early Empire to the Middle Byzantine Era (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] A History of Psycholinguistics: The Pre-Chomskyan Era
- 2014-05-29A History of Psycholinguistics: The Pre-Chomskyan Era
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Secret War Against Sweden: US and British Submarine Deception in the 1980s (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Steam and sail: in Britain and North America : 80 photographs mainly from the National Maritime Museum depicting British and North American naval, ... the period of transition from sail to steam
- 2011-05-28Revised Medieval Latin Word-List from British and Irish Sources (British Academy Series)
- 2009-09-21Acheson and Empire: The British Accent in American Foreign Policy
- 2009-08-16The Secret War Against Sweden: US and British Submarine Deception in the 1980s (Cass Series--Naval Policy and History)
- 2022-06-28Forging the Anglo-American Alliance The British and American Armies, 1917-1941 [Audiobook]
- 2022-06-18The Feeling Intellect An Essay on the Independent Tradition in British and American Psychoanalysis
- 2022-02-12The Routledge Companion to the British and North American Literary Magazine
- 2021-09-09Eyewitness Korea The Experience of British and American Soldiers in the Korean War, 1950-1953
- 2021-08-02Empire of Pictures Global Media and the 1960s Remaking of American Foreign Policy
- 2021-06-02Guarding the Golden Door: American Immigration Policy and Immigrants since 1882 - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.