Posted on 2018-11-15, by nokia241186.
The Unequal City : Urban Resurgence, Displacement
and the Making of Inequality in Global Cities
by John Rennie Short
English | 2018 | ISBN: 1138280372 | 220 Pages | PDF | 158 MB
Cities around the world have seen: an increase in population and capital investments in land and building; a shift in central city populations as the poor are forced out; and a radical restructuring of urban space.
The Unequal City tells the story of urban change and acts as a comprehensive guide to the Urban Now. A number of trends are examined, including: the role of liquid capital; the resurgence of population; the construction of megaprojects and hosting of global megaevents; the role of the new rich; and the emergence of a new middle class. This book explores the reasons behind the displacement of the poor to the suburbs and beyond. Drawing upon case studies from around the world, readers are exposed to an examination of the urban projects that involve the reuse of older industrial spaces, the greening of the cities, and the securitization of the public spaces.
This book draws on political economy, cultural and political analysis, and urban geography approaches in order to consider the multifaceted nature of the process and its global unfolding. It will be essential reading to those interested in urban studies, economic geography, urban economics, urban sociology, urban planning and globalization.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37755
- 2011-02-07The Public and Its Possibilities: Triumphs and Tragedies in the American City (Urban Life, Landscape and Policy)
- 2018-10-15Urban Raptors Ecology and Conservation of Birds of Prey in Cities
- 2019-01-31The Post-Socialist City Urban Form and Space Transformations in Central and Eastern Europe after - Removed
- 2019-01-28Urban Air Pollution and Forests Resources at Risk in the Mexico City Air Basin - Removed
- 2019-01-15The Post-Socialist City Urban Form and Space Transformations in Central and Eastern Europe after ... - Removed
- 2019-01-03City Magick Spells, Rituals, and Symbols for the Urban Witch
- 2018-09-28The Poisoned City Flint's Water and the American Urban Tragedy [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Walking in the City: Urban Experience and Literary Psychogeography in Eighteenth-Century London
- 2018-01-06[PDF] City Out of Chaos: Urban Self Organization and Sustainability (The Sustainable World)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] To The City: Urban Photographs of the New Deal (Urban Life, Landscape and Policy)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Reconnecting the City: The Historic Urban Landscape Approach and the Future of Urban Heritage
- 2017-12-16[PDF] City Magick: Spells, Rituals, and Symbols for the Urban Witch
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Urban Regions: Ecology and Planning Beyond the City (Cambridge Studies in Landscape Ecology)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Comics and the City: Urban Space in Print, Picture and Sequence
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Social Work and the City: Urban Themes in 21st-Century Social Work - Removed
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Carbon Footprint and Urban Planning: Incorporating Methodologies to Assess the Influence of the Urban Master Plan on the Carbon Footprint of the City ... in Applied Sciences and Technology) - Removed
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Smart Energy in the Smart City: Urban Planning for a Sustainable Future (Green Energy and Technology) - Removed
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Land and the City: Patterns and Processes of Urban Change (Geography and Environment Series)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The City in the Ottoman Empire: Migration and the making of urban modernity (SOAS/Routledge Studies on the Middle East)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.