Posted on 2020-04-22, by books_lover.
After seven decades of existence has the UN become obsolete? Is it ripe for retirement? As Jussi Hanhimäki proves in the second edition of this Very Short Introduction, the answer is no. In the second decade of the twenty-first century the UN remains an indispensable organization that continues to save lives and improve the world as its founders hoped. Since its original publication in 2008, this 2nd edition includes more recent examples of the UN Security Council in action and peacekeeping efforts while exploring its most recent successes and failures. After a brief history of the United Nations and its predecessor, the League of Nations, Hanhimäki examines the UN's successes and failures as a guardian of international peace and security, as a promoter of human rights, as a protector of international law, and as an engineer of socio-economic development. This updated edition highlights what continues to make the UN a complicated organization today, and the ongoing challenges betwee
- Ebooks list page : 43343
- 2011-06-27The Question of Palestine and the United Nations (Revised Edition)
- 2013-11-28The United Nations: A Very Short Introduction [Repost]
- 2011-11-27Report of the International Narcotics Control Board 2004 - United Nations
- 2011-11-24Report of the International Narcotics Control Board 2004 - United Nations
- 2011-10-10The United Nations: A Very Short Introduction (Repost)
- 2010-05-23The United Nations: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- 2010-01-31The United Nations: A Very Short Introduction
- 2012-02-19Energy Balances and Electricity Profiles 2004 - United Nations
- 2012-02-15Environment and Human Well-being: A Practical Strategy - United Nations
- 2012-01-22World Drug Report 2007 - United Nations
- 2012-01-21HIV Prevention Among Young Injecting Drug Users - United Nations
- 2012-01-19Paraguay: Resultados De Las Reformas (2003-2005) Y Sus Perspectivas (Informes Y Estudios Especiales) (Spanish Edition) - United Nations
- 2012-01-18Progress for Children: A World Fit for Children Statistical Review - United Nations
- 2012-01-17International Geneva Yearbook 2008 - United Nations
- 2012-01-16Paraguay: Resultados De Las Reformas (2003-2005) Y Sus Perspectivas (Informes Y Estudios Especiales) (Spanish Edition) - United Nations
- 2012-01-04International Geneva Yearbook 2008 - United Nations
- 2011-12-26East Asian Experience in Environmental Governance: Response in a Rapidly Developing Region - United Nations
- 2011-12-26International Geneva Yearbook 2008 - United Nations
- 2011-12-26Progress for Children: A World Fit for Children Statistical Review - United Nations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.