Posted on 2020-06-27, by books_lover.
In her surprising, entertaining, and persuasive new book, award-winning author and psychologist Susan Pinker shows how face-to-face contact is crucial for learning, happiness, resilience, and longevity. From birth to death, human beings are hardwired to connect to other human beings. Face-to-face contact matters: tight bonds of friendship and love heal us, help children learn, extend our lives, and make us happy. Looser in-person bonds matter, too, combining with our close relationships to form a personal “village” around us, one that exerts unique effects. Not just any social networks will do: we need the real, in-the-flesh encounters that tie human families, groups of friends, and communities together. Marrying the findings of the new field of social neuroscience with gripping human stories, Susan Pinker explores the impact of face-to-face contact from cradle to grave, from city to Sardinian mountain village, from classroom to workplace, from love to marriage to divorce. Her
- Ebooks list page : 43989
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Village Effect: How Face-to-Face Contact Can Make Us Healthier, Happier, and Smarter
- 2020-06-23The Village Effect Why Face-to-Face Contact Matters
- 2012-03-16The Drug Effect: Health, Crime and Society
- 2021-02-23The Sponsor Effect: How to Be a Better Leader by Investing in Others [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-22The Advertising Effect: How to Change Behaviour
- 2020-02-28The Sponsor Effect: How to Be a Better Leader by Investing in Others
- 2020-01-22The Resonance Effect: How Frequency Specific Microcurrent Is Changing Medicine
- 2018-08-11The Gaslight Effect How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-29The Happiness Effect How Social Media is Driving a Generation to Appear Perfect at Any Cost
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Happiness Effect: How Social Media is Driving a Generation to Appear Perfect at Any Cost
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Ripple Effect: How Better Sex Can Lead to a Better Life
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Jelly Effect: How to Make Your Communication Stick
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Nurture Effect: How the Science of Human Behavior Can Improve Our Lives and Our World
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Nixon Effect: How Richard Nixons Presidency Fundamentally Changed American Politics
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Advertising Effect: How to Change Behaviour
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Gaslight Effect: How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life - Removed
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Now Effect: How a Mindful Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life
- 2017-11-01The Resonance Effect: How Frequency Specific Microcurrent Is Changing Medicine
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.