Posted on 2021-10-15, by Jockerss.
Theorizing Equity in the Museum - Integrating Perspectives from Research and Practice
pdf | 5.35 MB | English | Isbn: 0367422867 | Author: Edited by Bronwyn Bevan and Bahia Ramos | Year: 2021
Theorizing Equity in the Museum integrates the perspectives of learning researchers and museum practitioners to shed light on the deep-seated structures that must be accounted for if the field is to move past aspirations and rhetoric and towards more inclusive practices.
Written during a time when museums around the world were being forced to reckon with their institutional practices of exclusion; their histories of colonization, both cultural and intellectual; and, for many, their tenuous business models, the chapters leverage a range of theoretical perspectives to explore lived experiences of working in the museum towards changing the museum. Theories of spatial justice, critical pedagogy, culturally relevant pedagogy, critical race theory, and others are used to consider how the museum's dominant cultural structures and norms collide with museum professionals' aspirations for inclusive practices. The chapters present a mix of empirical research and reflections, which collectively operate to theorize the museum as a potential force for enriching, empowering, and transforming an inclusive public's relationship with some of our most powerful ideas and aspirations. But first they must change, from the inside out.
Grounded in practice and practical problems, Theorizing Equity in the Museum demonstrates how theory can be used as a practical tool for change. As a result the book will be of interest to academics and students engaged in the study of museums, education, learning and culture, as well as to museum practitioners with an interest in equity and inclusion.
Download from RapidGator
Download from DDownload
Download from NitroFlare
- Ebooks list page : 49844
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Building Autonomous Learners: Perspectives from Research and Practice using Self-Determination Theory - Removed
- 2016-07-02Building Autonomous Learners Perspectives from Research and Practice using Self-Determination Th... - Removed
- 2009-07-15Learning and Development for Managers: Perspectives from Research and Practice
- 2020-06-23The Unauthorised Agent Perspectives from European and Comparative Law
- 2020-03-14The Death Penalty: Perspectives from India and Beyond
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Aging Consumer: Perspectives From Psychology and Economics (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series)
- 2010-04-13The Unauthorised Agent: Perspectives from European and Comparative Law
- 2009-07-08The Unauthorised Agent: Perspectives from European and Comparative Law
- 2020-01-01Developing the Therapeutic Relationship: Integrating Case Studies, Research, and Practice
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Management Learning: Integrating Perspectives in Theory and Practice
- 2009-11-25A Handbook of Children and Young People's Participation : Perspectives from Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2020-12-14Creating Gender-Inclusive Organizations Lessons from Research and Practice
- 2020-12-14Elementary Classroom Management Lessons from Research and Practice
- 2020-09-14Elementary Classroom Management: Lessons from Research and Practice, 6th Edition
- 2020-01-12Flood Damage Survey and Assessment: New Insights from Research and Practice (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2019-11-22School Spaces for Student Wellbeing and Learning: Insights from Research and Practice
- 2019-02-24The Art of Structuring Bridging the Gap Between Information Systems Research and Practice
- 2019-01-28The Art of Structuring Bridging the Gap Between Information Systems Research and Practice
- 2019-01-03The Dark Web Breakthroughs in Research and Practice (Critical Explorations)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.