Posted on 2022-04-24, by Specijalac.
They Laughed at Galileo: How the Great Inventors Proved Their Critics Wrong by Albert Jack
English | September 22nd, 2015 | ISBN: 1981472754, 1629147583 | 276 pages | EPUB | 1.29 MB
A humorous account of great inventors and their critics who predicted failure.
They Laughed at Galileo takes a humorous and reflective look at one thousand years of the development of humankind: those who dreamt, those who taught, those who opposed, and those who, ultimately, did.
At some point in modern history, each and every one of our inventions and discoveries was first envisioned and then developed by a single person, or a handful of people, who dreamt of the seemingly impossible. For them, the future was clear and obvious, but for the vast majority, including the acknowledged experts of their days, such belief was sheer folly.
For just about everything that has improved our modern lifestyles in a way that our ancestors could not possibly imagine, there was once a lone dreamer proclaiming, "It can be done." That dreamer was nearly always opposed by a team of "enlightened" contemporaries publicly declaring, "It cannot be done." Well, yes it could.
Marconi's wireless radio transmissions were initially deemed pointless. Edward L. Drake's eventual success on August 27, 1859, was called the day "the crazy man first struck oil." Louis Pasteur's theory of germs was considered a "ridiculous fiction." Each of these inventions has had a profound effect on the course of human history, and each one was rejected, resisted, and ridiculed in its day. Ultimately, the innovators who brought these into existence provided invaluable contributions to science and the culture of humankind.
Enjoy | Subscribe to
Download from RapidGator
Download from Keep2Share
- Ebooks list page : 52262
- 2017-11-12[PDF] They Laughed at Galileo: How the Great Inventors Proved Their Critics Wrong
- 2022-03-18Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live
- 2021-12-11Rescuing Socrates How the Great Books Changed My Life and Why They Matter for a New Generation
- 2021-11-23Rescuing Socrates: How the Great Books Changed My Life and Why They Matter for a New Generation
- 2020-04-15Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live - Removed
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live - Removed
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live - Removed
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-03-12David Darom - The Great Collections: Modern Custom Knives
- 2011-11-04The Skeptic s Guide to the Great Books [The Great Courses]
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-28The Myths of Nutrition and Fitness [The Great Courses]
- 2022-12-26Hurricane Jim Crow How the Great Sea Island Storm of 1893 Shaped the Lowcountry South [Audiobook]
- 2022-12-01The Civil War Abroad How the Great American Conflict Reached Overseas
- 2022-11-25The Civil War Abroad How the Great American Conflict Reached Overseas
- 2022-11-23Washed Away How the Great Flood of 1913
- 2022-08-02The Sale of a Lifetime How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017-2019 Can Make You Rich [Audiobook]
- 2022-03-22God and Churchill How the Great Leader's Sense of Divine Destiny Changed His Troubled World (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-02The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017 2019 Can Make You Rich (True EPUB)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.