Posted on 2018-10-10, by manhneovn.
Since the late 1960s, the lives of South Koreans have been reconstructed on the shifting ground of urbanization, industrialization, military authoritarianism, democratic reform, and social liberalization. Class and gender identities have been modified in relation to a changing modernity and new definitions of home and family, work and leisure, husband and wife. "Under Construction" provides a portrait of south Koreans in the 1990s - a decade that saw a return to civilian rule, a loosening of censorship and social control, and the emergence of a full-blown consumer culture. It shows how these changes impacted the lives of Korean men and women and the very definition of what it means to be "male" and "female" in Korea. In a series of provocative essays written by Korean and Western scholars, we see how Korean women and men actively engage, and at times openly contest, the limitations of gender. "Under Construction" is part of a turn in the anthropology of gender - from its early quest for the causes of female subordination to a finely tuned analysis of the historical, cultural, and class-based specificities of gender relations and the tension between gender as an ideological construct and as a lived experience. Grounded in the political and economic history of south Korea, this volume fills a gap in Korean studies and East Asia gender studies in English.
- Ebooks list page : 37378
- 2011-12-05Scenes of Parisian Modernity: Culture and Consumption in the Nineteenth Century - H. Hazel Hahn
- 2011-11-05Scenes of Parisian Modernity: Culture and Consumption in the Nineteenth Century
- 2011-10-12Scenes of Parisian Modernity: Culture and Consumption in the Nineteenth Century
- 2011-11-09Coming Out Under Fire: The History of Gay Men and Women in World War II
- 2009-11-17What America Read: Taste, Class, and the Novel, 1920-1960 - Removed
- 2019-08-28Vindicating the Founders Race, Sex, Class, and Justice in the Origins of America
- 2019-08-13Blockchain for Everyone: How I Learned the Secrets of the New Millionaire Class (And You Can, Too) [Audiobook] - Removed
- 2019-07-12$(Top) - Why You Should Read The New Urban Crisis: How Our Cities Are Increasing Inequality, Deepening Segregation, and Failing the Middle Class-and What We Can Do About It by Richard Florida Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2019-07-11The Brothel of Pompeii Sex, Class, and Gender at the Margins of Roman Society
- 2019-01-31Intersections of Gender, Class, and Race in the Long Nineteenth Century and Beyond
- 2019-01-31Geographies of British Modernity Space and Society in the Twentieth Century
- 2019-01-31In Pursuit of Privilege A History of New York City's Upper Class and the Making of a Metropolis
- 2019-01-23Geographies of British Modernity Space and Society in the Twentieth Century
- 2019-01-15The Inequality Reader Contemporary and Foundational Readings in Race, Class, and Gender
- 2019-01-11In Pursuit of Privilege A History of New York City's Upper Class and the Making of a Metropolis
- 2019-01-10The Inequality Reader Contemporary and Foundational Readings in Race, Class, and Gender
- 2018-12-28From Steam to Screen Cinema, the Railways and Modernity (Cinema and Society)
- 2018-12-20Psychoanalysis, Class and Politics Encounters in the Clinical Setting
- 2018-12-19Fears and Fantasies Modernity, Gender and the Rural-urban Divide
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.