Posted on 2022-03-14, by book24h.
Viewing African Cinema in the Twenty-First Century: Art Films and the Nollywood Video Revolution By Mahir Saul, Ralph A. Austen
2010 | 256 Pages | ISBN: 0821419307 | PDF | 2 MB
African cinema in the 1960s originated mainly from Francophone countries. It resembled the art cinema of contemporary Europe and relied on support from the French film industry and the French state. Beginning in1969 the biennial Festival panafricain du cinéma et de la télévision de Ouagadougou (FESPACO), held in Burkina Faso, became the major showcase for these films. But since the early 1990s, a new phenomenon has come to dominate the African cinema world: mass-marketed films shot on less expensive video cameras. These "Nollywood" films, so named because many originate in southern Nigeria, are a thriving industry dominating the world of African cinema.Viewing African Cinema in the Twenty-first Century is the first book to bring together a set of essays offering a unique comparison of these two main African cinema modes.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 51724
- 2020-11-14Holocaust Cinema In The Twenty First Century Images Memory And The Ethics Of Repre...
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Holocaust Cinema in the Twenty-First Century: Images, Memory, and the Ethics of Representation
- 2023-01-01The machine and the ghost Technology and spiritualism in nineteenth- to twenty-first-century art and culture
- 2022-08-31When We Fight, We Win Twenty-First-Century Social Movements and the Activists That Are Transforming Our World
- 2022-01-15The Franco-Algerian War through a Twenty-First Century Lens Film and History
- 2021-04-23Xinjiang in the Twenty First Century: Islam, Ethnicity and Resistance
- 2021-04-15Xinjiang in the Twenty First Century: Islam, Ethnicity and Resistance
- 2021-04-10Xinjiang in the Twenty First Century: Islam, Ethnicity and Resistance
- 2020-12-12Brazilian Evangelicalism in the Twenty First Century: An Inside and Outside Look
- 2020-12-07Brazilian Evangelicalism in the Twenty-First Century An Inside and Outside Look
- 2020-08-28River Basin Management in the Twenty-First Century: Understanding People and Place
- 2020-05-06Iraq in the Twenty-First Century: Regime Change and the Making of a Failed State (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2020-05-05Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World)
- 2020-02-04Sustainability, Green IT and Education Strategies in the Twenty-first Century (Green Energy and Technology)
- 2019-11-27The Transition from Graduation to Work: Challenges and Strategies in the Twenty-First Century Asia Pacific and Beyond (Work, Organization, and Employment)
- 2018-09-28Twenty-First-Century British Fiction and the City
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Global Ageing in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges, Opportunities and Implications
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The User Perspective on Twenty-First-Century Art Museums
- 2017-12-24[PDF] River Basin Management in the Twenty-First Century: Understanding People and Place
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.