Posted on 2012-06-16. By anonymous.
Harper & Row | 1972 | English | ISBN: 0060110821 | 259 pages | PDF | 11.5 MB
Hubert Dreyfus has been a critic of artificial intelligence research since the 1960s. In a series of papers and books, including Alchemy and AI (1965), What Computers Can't Do (1972; 1979; 1992) and Mind over Machine (1986), he presented an assessment of AI's progress and a critique of the philosophical foundations of the field. Dreyfus' objections are discussed in most introductions to the philosophy of artificial intelligence, including Russell & Norvig (2003), the standard AI textbook, and in Fearn (2007), a survey of contemporary philosophy.
Dreyfus argued that human intelligence and expertise depend primarily on unconscious instincts rather than conscious symbolic manipulation, and that these unconscious skills could never be captured in formal rules. His critique was based on the insights of modern continental philosophers such as Merleau-Ponty and Heidegger, and was directed at the first wave of AI research which used high level formal symbols to represent reality and tried to reduce intelligence to symbol manipulation.
- Ebooks list page : 18995
- 2019-08-24What Computers Can't Do: The Limits of Artificial Intelligence
- 2011-09-04Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery
- 2012-02-15The Unfinished Revolution: Human-Centered Computers and What They Can Do For Us
- 2012-02-12The Unfinished Revolution: Human-Centered Computers and What They Can Do For Us
- 2019-11-09The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight: The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late, Revised and Updated Edition
- 2019-11-09Why Your Life Sucks: And What You Can Do About It
- 2019-11-08The Boiling Frog How Complacency and Ignorance Created Our Leadership Crisis and What We Can Do A...
- 2019-11-08A World without Privacy What Law Can and Should Do
- 2019-11-07Almost Perfekt How Sweden Works And What We Can Learn From It
- 2019-11-07Pinched How the Great Recession Has Narrowed Our Futures and What We Can Do About It
- 2019-10-28Three Key Marketing Strategies: What We Can Learn From Instagram's Enormous Success
- 2019-09-07Lost in a Good Game Why we play video games and what they can do for us
- 2019-08-29A Nation in the Red The Government Debt Crisis and What We Can Do About It
- 2019-08-26What Money Can't Buy The Moral Limits of Markets
- 2019-08-26The Boiling Frog How Complacency and Ignorance Created Our Leadership Crisis and What We Can Do A...
- 2019-08-26Lost in a Good Game Why we play video games and what they can do for us
- 2019-08-25Pinched How the Great Recession Has Narrowed Our Futures and What We Can Do About It
- 2019-08-25Almost Perfekt How Sweden Works And What We Can Learn From It
- 2019-08-24The Bipolar Teen What You Can Do to Help Your Child and Your Family
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.