Posted on 2012-06-16. By anonymous.
Harper & Row | 1972 | English | ISBN: 0060110821 | 259 pages | PDF | 11.5 MB
Hubert Dreyfus has been a critic of artificial intelligence research since the 1960s. In a series of papers and books, including Alchemy and AI (1965), What Computers Can't Do (1972; 1979; 1992) and Mind over Machine (1986), he presented an assessment of AI's progress and a critique of the philosophical foundations of the field. Dreyfus' objections are discussed in most introductions to the philosophy of artificial intelligence, including Russell & Norvig (2003), the standard AI textbook, and in Fearn (2007), a survey of contemporary philosophy.
Dreyfus argued that human intelligence and expertise depend primarily on unconscious instincts rather than conscious symbolic manipulation, and that these unconscious skills could never be captured in formal rules. His critique was based on the insights of modern continental philosophers such as Merleau-Ponty and Heidegger, and was directed at the first wave of AI research which used high level formal symbols to represent reality and tried to reduce intelligence to symbol manipulation.
- Ebooks list page : 18995
- 2019-08-24What Computers Can't Do: The Limits of Artificial Intelligence
- 2011-09-04Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery
- 2012-02-15The Unfinished Revolution: Human-Centered Computers and What They Can Do For Us
- 2012-02-12The Unfinished Revolution: Human-Centered Computers and What They Can Do For Us
- 2020-05-26Trisomy 21: What we can learn from people with Down syndrome
- 2020-05-25The Information Apocalypse and What You Can Do About It
- 2020-05-16What Makes Olga Run?: The Mystery of the 90-Something Track Star, and What She Can Teach Us About Living Longer, Happier Lives
- 2020-05-14Man, Interrupted: Why Young Men are Struggling & What We Can Do About It
- 2020-05-13Asking for It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture--and What We Can Do about It
- 2020-05-12Insecure in Love: How Anxious Attachment Can Make You Feel Jealous, Needy, and Worried and What You Can Do About It
- 2020-05-11Workplace Of The Living Dead: What Zombies Can Teach Leaders About Engaging Employees
- 2020-05-08A Different Society Altogether: What Sociology Can Learn from Deleuze, Guattari, and Latour
- 2020-04-29Cheating in School What We Know and What We Can Do
- 2020-04-27Cognitive Self Change: How Offenders Experience the World and What We Can Do About It
- 2020-04-24Calm the F*ck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You Can't So You Can Stop Freaking Out and Get On With Your Life (A No F*cks Given Guide)
- 2020-04-23Proteinaholic: How Our Obsession with Meat Is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It
- 2020-04-20Overload: How Good Jobs Went Bad and What We Can Do about It
- 2020-04-19Project Management: Secrets Successful Project Managers Know And What You Can Learn From Them. A Beginner's Guide To Project Management With Tips On Learning ... Skills (Project Management for Beginners)
- 2020-04-17Beasts: What Animals Can Teach Us About the Origins of Good and Evil
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.