[share_ebook] When Children Die: Improving Palliative and End-Of-Life Care for Children and Their Families - National Academy Of Sciences
Author: National Academy Of Sciences
Date: November, 2003
Publisher: Natl Academy Pr
Posted on 2011-12-16, by 4bookholic.
When Children Die: Improving Palliative and End-Of-Life Care for Children and Their Families
National Academy Of Sciences | Natl Academy Pr | November, 2003 | 16 pages | English | PDF
The death of a child is a special sorrow. No matter the circumstances, a child's death is a life-altering experience. Except for the child who dies suddenly and without forewarning, physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel usually play a central role in the lives of children who die and their families. At best, these professionals exemplify "medicine with a heart." At worst, families' encounters with the health care system leave them with enduring painful memories, anger, and regrets.When Children Die examines what we know about the needs of these children and their families, the extent to which such needs are -- and are not -- being met, and what can be done to provide more competent, compassionate, and consistent care. The book offers recommendations for involving child patients in treatment decisions, communicating with parents, strengthening the organization and delivery of services, developing support programs for bereaved families, improving public and private insurance, training health professionals, and more. It argues that taking these steps will improve the care of children who survive as well as those who do not -- and will likewise help all families who suffer with their seriously ill or injured child.Featuring illustrative case histories, the book discusses patterns of childhood death and explores the basic elements of physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical care for children and families experiencing a child's life-threatening illness or injury.
- Ebooks list page : 16168
- 2011-12-10When Children Die: Improving Palliative and End-Of-Life Care for Children and Their Families - National Academy Of Sciences
- 2011-11-06When Children Die: Improving Palliative and End-Of-Life Care for Children and Their Families
- 2013-08-24Palliative and End of Life Care for Children and Young People: Home, Hospice, Hospital
- 2018-11-15End of Life Care for People with Dementia A Person-Centred Approach
- 2017-12-13[PDF] When Professionals Weep: Emotional and Countertransference Responses in Palliative and End-of-Life Care (Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement)
- 2019-07-13Awake at the Bedside Contemplative Teachings on Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- 2019-06-25When Professionals Weep Emotional and Countertransference Responses in End-of-Life Care
- 2019-03-23Case Studies in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Case Studies in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- 2013-08-10Case Studies in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- 2009-03-10Renee Katz, Therese Johnson - When Professionals Weep: Emotional and Countertransference Responses in End-of-Life Care
- 2018-12-12Early Childhood Music Therapy and Autism Spectrum Disorder Supporting Children and Their Families, 2...
- 2018-05-10Working with Children Aged 0-3 and Their Families The Pen Green Approach
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Learning from Paediatric Patient Journeys: What Children and Their Families Can Tell Us (Pediatric Diagnosis and Management)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Minding the Child: Mentalization-Based Interventions with Children, Young People and their Families
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Clinical Practice at the Edge of Care: Developments in Working with At-Risk Children and their Families - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Caring for Children with Special Healthcare Needs and Their Families: A Handbook for Healthcare Professionals
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Early Childhood Intervention: Shaping the Future for Children with Special Needs and Their Families: Early Childhood Intervention [3 volumes]: Shaping ... with Special Needs and Their Families
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Children and Their Families: The Continuum of Care - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.