[share_ebook] Who Will Shout If Not Us?: Student Activists and the Tiananmen Square Protest, China, 1989 (Civil Rights Struggles Around the World)
Author: Ann Kerns
Publisher: Twenty First Century Books
Posted on 2011-08-29, by sharebookfree.
Who Will Shout If Not Us?: Student Activists and the Tiananmen Square Protest, China, 1989 (Civil Rights Struggles Around the World)
Ann Kerns | Twenty First Century Books | 2011-10-29 | 160 pages | English | PDF
"In the blink of an eye, the tank was approaching the sidewalk and closing in on me. It seemed as if the barrel of its gun was inches from my face. I could not dodge it in time."Â¯Fang Zheng, a student demonstrator at Tiananmen Square
In the spring of 1989, university students in Beijing grabbed world headlines with a courageous stand against decades of Communist authoritarian rule in China. Thousands and then millions of students and workers from all over China gathered on the city's Tiananmen Square to support demands for democracy, clean government, and increased personal freedoms. China's premier, Li Peng, and his supporters wanted to crush the demonstration, and the government declared martial law on May 12. The world watched as army tanks and troops reached the city center on June 2. Soldiers fired their guns as students struggled to flee. A single demonstrator captured international attention as viewers around the globe watched him face off against encroaching military tanks. The army was in control of Beijing, and thousands of demonstrators were killed, wounded, or arrested. In this gripping story of a historic clash between repressive government forces and individuals seeking freedom, we'll explore the reasons that led students in China to defy authority. We'll learn the details of their demands and of the shattering events that followed when they took to the streets to press for their civil rights.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13185
- 2011-05-13Who Will Shout If Not Us?: Student Activists and the Tiananmen Square Protest, China, 1989
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The True Tails of Baker and Taylor: The Library Cats Who Left Their Pawprints on a Small Town . . . and the World - Removed
- 2022-11-22Jonathan Martin, Alexander Burns - This Will Not Pass- Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's...
- 2022-06-25This Will Not Pass Trump, Biden and the Battle for American Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2022-04-13This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future
- 2012-01-15Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- 2022-10-17What God Said - The 25 Core Messages of Conversations with God that will Change Your Life and the World
- 2021-04-03Genius Makers: The Mavericks Who Brought AI to Google, Facebook, and the World
- 2021-03-21Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and The
- 2021-03-21Genius Makers: The Mavericks Who Brought AI to Google, Facebook, and the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-19Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and The
- 2021-02-07Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and The
- 2021-01-11Headstrong - 52 Women Who Changed Science-and the World
- 2020-12-22Seen but Not Seen Influential Canadians and the First Nations from the 1840s to Today
- 2020-06-29It's Not Luck: Marketing, Production, and the Theory of Constraints [Audiobook]
- 2020-06-14Bourgeois Equality: How Ideas, Not Capital or Institutions, Enriched the World - Removed
- 2020-04-25The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life Will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team, and the World
- 2020-03-18Still Not Safe: Patient Safety and the Middle Managing of American Medicine
- 2020-02-25Still Not Safe: Patient Safety and the Middle-Managing of American Medicine
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.